5G: the Data Network Connecting Cars by 2020By Dania Vargas Austryjak
The future of mobile networks.
In 5 years it is expected that we’ll be moving on to the fifth generation wireless technologies known as 5G.
Connectivity and internet access will not only be expected to be provided through our phones, computers and other mobile devices. 5G technology will be installed in cars, leading to self-driving vehicles soon to be available on the market. Communication between these cars will of course take place through wireless technology.
José Otero, the Latin America and Caribbean director of the wireless industry trade association 4G Américas, told Business Insider that by the year 2020, 62% of new cars sold will be equipped with full internet connectivity, according to his estimates. A study quoted in BI states that some of the features that wireless connections may eventually provide include: driver assistance, safety, entertainment, wellbeing and mobility management.
The same article also states that by 2020, there will be 220 million cars connected, but only 88 million of those drivers are expected to use the connected services. A report from Transparency Market Research, quoted by Mexican monthly Vanguardia, states that it is expected that this market niche will be reaching almost US $132 billion by the year 2019.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany