USA welcomes new citizens during July 4th
By Associated Press.
Dozens of people will obtain their US citizenship during this year’s Independence Day.
Dozens of people will take their oaths during this year’s Naturalization Ceremonies that will take place on July 4th, United States’ Independence Day. These will be held in 3 locations in the north of the state of New York.
From July 1st to the 4th, over 50 Naturalization Ceremonies have taken place all across the US, representing over 4,000 new US citizens. These former candidates –now citizens- have complied with all the requirements established by the United States Congress, and the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
Only on July 4th in the state of New York, over 70 people will take their oath before the Flag, in the Saratoga National Historical Park in the county of the same name, as well as the Empire State Plaza in the center of Albany and in the Genesee Country Village and Museum.
The ceremony in the Saratoga National Historical Park will include music, muskets and cannon balls… Let’s not forget that this venue was a historical setting for the Battle of Saratoga.
Those who will acquire their US Citizenship are people from Bangladesh, Dominican Republic, India, Mexico, China and other nations across the globe.
They will now enjoy their new US Citizen rights, privileges and responsibilities. This year’s Naturalization Ceremonies have taken place all across the US, including places like: New York’s Public Library, Chicago’s Public Library: Harold Washington, the Seattle Center, The National WWII Museum in New Orleans, and Miami’s Tower Theater. Additionally, this year’s ceremonies have also included historical locations, such as George Washington’s Mount Vernon and the former residency of Thomas Jefferson, Monticello, both in the state of Virginia.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany