Code of Conduct for Spring Break 2014
The introduction of a new Code of Conduct for Spring Break 2014
With the beginning of the Spring Break season 2014, the Ministry of Tourism of Benito Juárez, the Ministry of Social Security, the Cancun International Airport and in general, all hotels in the city are making delivery to all young people who arrive this destination of a code of conduct to follow this season.
This is done as a safety precaution to prevent future incidents that may occur due to any negligence caused by alcohol or by the ignorance of Mexican law.
This code of conduct sets out seven tips of behavior to follow closely during Spring Break season, the same measures that were taken into account in previous years which have been laid down for the safety of local residents and fellow visitors.
1. Do not insult people in the street:
To keep the order and good atmosphere in public spaces, we must also remember that the destination is visited by thousands of families with children.
2.Do not drive intoxicated
For your safety and of others, please stick to the established program "Driving without Alcohol" in which tourists are invited to have a designated driver. It’s important you do not drive if you have consumed alcohol, it’s better –in those cases– to take a taxi.
The following code of conduct refers to actions that are penalized by Mexican law, for example:
- It is prohibited to drink in the public highway
- Drugs are completely prohibited in any way, consumption, selling or buying
- Undressing in public is also prohibited
- The cause of riots or damaging property of others
- Peeing on the street is not allowed
It is estimated that this year Cancun’s beaches will receive more than 45 thousand students from the United States and Canada, 25% more than were reported last year and each one of them will get the same code of conduct. These are being issued at the airport, bus station and hotels.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany