Colima government relocates people from areas at risk due to Hurricane 'Patricia'By Fernanda Duque Hernández
Cyclone shelters are already functioning
The general coordinator of Civil Protection Ministry, Luis Felipe Puente, said that the governement has already activated all the protocols to relocate the people who lives near to the coast shore and around the Colima Volcano, due to the imminent arrival of the hurricane ‘Patricia’.
Luis Felipe Puete said that around 8000 families are being evicted from the volcano area, at the same time people from other risking areas as Tecomán, Aemería, Comala and Cuauhtémoc are being moved to safest places.
The governor of Colima, Mario Anguiano Moreno took the decision to suspend the work of the administrative staff of the state government at noon so that they can be with their family or go to a shelter.
The national coordinator said that is necessary that people abide preventive measures emitted by the authorities for cases as this: identifying risk areas, do not going out during the hurricane and stay at home or in one of the 40 shelters that have been opened.
The System for the Integral Family Development (DIF) announced that it will be delivering supplies as blankets and mattresses in shelters that are already installed. Moreover, the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) reported that power cuts will be made from 1pm.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California