Colima government relocates people from areas at risk due to Hurricane 'Patricia'By Fernanda Duque Hernández
Cyclone shelters are already functioning
The general coordinator of Civil Protection Ministry, Luis Felipe Puente, said that the governement has already activated all the protocols to relocate the people who lives near to the coast shore and around the Colima Volcano, due to the imminent arrival of the hurricane ‘Patricia’.
Luis Felipe Puete said that around 8000 families are being evicted from the volcano area, at the same time people from other risking areas as Tecomán, Aemería, Comala and Cuauhtémoc are being moved to safest places.
The governor of Colima, Mario Anguiano Moreno took the decision to suspend the work of the administrative staff of the state government at noon so that they can be with their family or go to a shelter.
The national coordinator said that is necessary that people abide preventive measures emitted by the authorities for cases as this: identifying risk areas, do not going out during the hurricane and stay at home or in one of the 40 shelters that have been opened.
The System for the Integral Family Development (DIF) announced that it will be delivering supplies as blankets and mattresses in shelters that are already installed. Moreover, the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) reported that power cuts will be made from 1pm.
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"