Colima government relocates people from areas at risk due to Hurricane 'Patricia'By Fernanda Duque Hernández
Cyclone shelters are already functioning
The general coordinator of Civil Protection Ministry, Luis Felipe Puente, said that the governement has already activated all the protocols to relocate the people who lives near to the coast shore and around the Colima Volcano, due to the imminent arrival of the hurricane ‘Patricia’.
Luis Felipe Puete said that around 8000 families are being evicted from the volcano area, at the same time people from other risking areas as Tecomán, Aemería, Comala and Cuauhtémoc are being moved to safest places.
The governor of Colima, Mario Anguiano Moreno took the decision to suspend the work of the administrative staff of the state government at noon so that they can be with their family or go to a shelter.
The national coordinator said that is necessary that people abide preventive measures emitted by the authorities for cases as this: identifying risk areas, do not going out during the hurricane and stay at home or in one of the 40 shelters that have been opened.
The System for the Integral Family Development (DIF) announced that it will be delivering supplies as blankets and mattresses in shelters that are already installed. Moreover, the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) reported that power cuts will be made from 1pm.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany