Connecting Mexico and Canada: new flight routesBy Dania Vargas Austryjak
Direct routes from Sunwing and Aeromexico.
The winter season is the perfect time to escape really cold temperatures and fly into warmer climates – such as those found in Mexico. Well, at least compared to the freezing temperatures in Canada. As a response to this, Aeroméxico, one of Mexico’s largest airline, and Canadian Sunwing Airlines has announced new direct routes between Canada and Mexico.
“Air connections between Mexico and Canada are essential to the growing mobility of citizens between both countries,” as stated by Claudia Franco Hijuelos, Consul General of Mexico in Vancouver in an article in Business In Vancouver. Because of this, Mexican and Canadian airlines will be opening up new direct routes between these countries.
Starting on December 9, Aeroméxico will launch its new non-stop flight between Mexico City to Vancouver on a daily basis, transporting 124 passengers in a Boeing 737 aircraft. "Aeromexico's decision to fly to YVR is a demonstration of our position as the gateway hub between Asia and the Americas and further highlights the speed and ease at which passengers and cargo can travel between the two regions,” said President and CEO of the Vancouver Airport Authority, Craig Richmond in a PR Newswire. “Combined with the recent visa changes that ease entry to Canada for Mexicans, we have full confidence this route will be successful."
Adding to this, Sunwing Airlines will open up a new weekly direct flight from Thunder Bay, Ontario to Cancun, Quintana Roo, starting on December 23 this year. Thus broadening the opportunity for vacationing at a favorite destination: the Mexican Caribbean. As stated by Andrew Dawson, Chief Operating Officer of Sunwing Travel Group “Cancun and the Riviera Maya are amongst our most popular tourism destinations and have much to offer vacationers, so we are sure that this new route will be embraced.” Quoted in an article by Net News Ledger.
And as part of Sunwing’s Family Collection, the airline offers a family-oriented resort which was inaugurated recently: the Royalton Riviera Cancun Resort and Spa. Likewise there is also The Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun, an adults-only area within the resort.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California