29 countries to support China on the Silk RoadBy Karen López
We will have stable, sustainable and controllable financial support that will drive Asia: Jinping
Chinese President Xi Jinping and 29 other heads of state reaffirmed their commitment to build open economies ensuring that trade is free and inclusive, with the initiative and reform of the Silk Road. This would involve around 900 projects of 900 thousand mdd.
Already 68 countries and international organizations have signed supporting the plan. Total trade between nations and other countries has already exceeded 3 trillion dollars between 2014 and 2016; Chinese investments in other nations amounted to more than 50 billion.
The project proposal includes expanding trade to Africa, Asia and Europe with investments in ports, railways and various infrastructure, a matter that has troubled governments like Russia, the United States and India, because they claim that Beijing is using this to gain political influence.
The Chinese president called on global leaders to boost profit outcomes that increase policy coordination and deepen implementation of the initiative, claiming he has no political agenda, but that it is a good moment for governments to come together to promote the initiative which will drive a financial policy in security, technology and education, where China, being such a large economy in Asia, could dominate.
- Nissan breaks sales record in Mexico
- British Petroleum expects to grow its investment in Mexico´s energy sector
- Shell and Exxonmobil to open gas stations this year in Mexico
- 29 countries to support China on the Silk Road
- Nissan's 'Godzilla' arrives in Mexico
- Hybrids are hot in Mexico
- General Electric backs NAFTA and voices support for Mexico
- Mexico's Secretary of Foreign Affairs keen to start NAFTA talks in U.S.
- Kmimos, your dog's home away from home
- Mexico and the European Union to close free trade agreement this year
- China beckons for Canada and Mexico in face of U.S. uncertainty
- Mexico surpasses Germany in world beer market!