29 countries to support China on the Silk RoadBy Karen López
We will have stable, sustainable and controllable financial support that will drive Asia: Jinping
Chinese President Xi Jinping and 29 other heads of state reaffirmed their commitment to build open economies ensuring that trade is free and inclusive, with the initiative and reform of the Silk Road. This would involve around 900 projects of 900 thousand mdd.
Already 68 countries and international organizations have signed supporting the plan. Total trade between nations and other countries has already exceeded 3 trillion dollars between 2014 and 2016; Chinese investments in other nations amounted to more than 50 billion.
The project proposal includes expanding trade to Africa, Asia and Europe with investments in ports, railways and various infrastructure, a matter that has troubled governments like Russia, the United States and India, because they claim that Beijing is using this to gain political influence.
The Chinese president called on global leaders to boost profit outcomes that increase policy coordination and deepen implementation of the initiative, claiming he has no political agenda, but that it is a good moment for governments to come together to promote the initiative which will drive a financial policy in security, technology and education, where China, being such a large economy in Asia, could dominate.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany