Delfines Beach… The most beautiful in Mexico
Blue Flag is a worldwide program, created in 1985 by the International association called Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE), which is in charge of certifying and awarding beaches, marinas and vessels in tourist destinations that have reached a point where their excellence needs to be awarded.
Blue Flag reaches Mexico in the year 2012, thanks to an initiative triggered by a private Company with which the association works with called Pronatura Mexico S.A. de C.V., with over 30 years of experience in the handling of environmental topics and issues.
This certification is completely independent from any kind of government institution and has no lucrative purposes; its sole objective is to award the 33 points they evaluate. These are divided in four categories: the quality of the water, education and environmental information, administration and environmental handling and safety and services.
In order for a beach, marina or vessel to acquire such certification, a special procedure must be followed which starts with an official affiliation to the association, followed by the payment of a certain fee, the filling out of some forms and become part of the evaluation process. This constitutes a team of specialist jury who visits the beach in mind, therefore grade each point and decide whether or not they deserve the certification.
During their first years in Europe, the Blue Flag awarded 244 beaches and 208 marinas in ten nations. The national jury of the association is made up of different government and private organisms, both with the adequate knowledge in environmental processes and procedures; in the international side, the association is supported by the UNESCO’s Environmental Program, the World Tourism Organization and the Nature Conservation International Union.
This year 2014, Delfines Beach in Cancun managed to acquire the Blue Flag certification as one of the best five beaches in Mexico and one out of the three greatest in the whole of Latin America. With this, Cancun can broaden its tourist service and offer, and start introducing itself into a younger market where visitors seek out for eco-friendly places, clean and very safe.
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany
- First ladies speak out on Trump separation policy
- Women sustain half of Mexico’s economy but earn crippling wages
- Dunkin' Donuts to reach 100 stores in Mexico thanks to millennials