Delfines Beach… The most beautiful in Mexico
Blue Flag is a worldwide program, created in 1985 by the International association called Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE), which is in charge of certifying and awarding beaches, marinas and vessels in tourist destinations that have reached a point where their excellence needs to be awarded.
Blue Flag reaches Mexico in the year 2012, thanks to an initiative triggered by a private Company with which the association works with called Pronatura Mexico S.A. de C.V., with over 30 years of experience in the handling of environmental topics and issues.
This certification is completely independent from any kind of government institution and has no lucrative purposes; its sole objective is to award the 33 points they evaluate. These are divided in four categories: the quality of the water, education and environmental information, administration and environmental handling and safety and services.
In order for a beach, marina or vessel to acquire such certification, a special procedure must be followed which starts with an official affiliation to the association, followed by the payment of a certain fee, the filling out of some forms and become part of the evaluation process. This constitutes a team of specialist jury who visits the beach in mind, therefore grade each point and decide whether or not they deserve the certification.
During their first years in Europe, the Blue Flag awarded 244 beaches and 208 marinas in ten nations. The national jury of the association is made up of different government and private organisms, both with the adequate knowledge in environmental processes and procedures; in the international side, the association is supported by the UNESCO’s Environmental Program, the World Tourism Organization and the Nature Conservation International Union.
This year 2014, Delfines Beach in Cancun managed to acquire the Blue Flag certification as one of the best five beaches in Mexico and one out of the three greatest in the whole of Latin America. With this, Cancun can broaden its tourist service and offer, and start introducing itself into a younger market where visitors seek out for eco-friendly places, clean and very safe.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California