The car of the year 2015 was
The Golf triumphs in Detroit’s Auto Show.
Supported by a solid and skilled workforce and free trade agreements with more than 40 countries, some of the major auto companies produce their most important car models in Mexico and export them worldwide.
A good example is the German company Volkswagen which, for several years, has exclusively produced at its Mexican plant in Puebla, manufacturing every single VW New Beetle driving across the world.
Two of the models manufactured in Mexico, the Golf 2015 and Golf GTI, were awarded as the North American car of the year, in one of the most prestigious automobile fairs worldwide: Detroit’s Auto Show 2015.
According to Michael Horn, CEO of the German company, the models were recognized for establishing important standards of innovation, value, design and driving assistance (including cruise control apps, and so on).
Both models belong to the seventh Golf generation, which has a starting price of $18,000 USD and four different versions; one of them is the e-Golf, a fully electric car, which has absolutely no emissions when driving.
Volkswagen has earned the same distinction back in 1999 with the New Beetle and was one of the finalists with the Jetta TDI in 2009, the Golf TDI Passat in 2010 and in 2012. In 2015, it defeated the Ford Mustang and Hyundai Genesis.
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"
- iPhones Pose Suicide Risk to Teenagers, Apple Investors Warn
- By ‘eck, the 34-year-old founder of Spotify, could be worth billions this year!
- Oprah Winfrey – Will she or won’t she run for the US Presidency in 2020?