The car of the year 2015 was
The Golf triumphs in Detroit’s Auto Show.
Supported by a solid and skilled workforce and free trade agreements with more than 40 countries, some of the major auto companies produce their most important car models in Mexico and export them worldwide.
A good example is the German company Volkswagen which, for several years, has exclusively produced at its Mexican plant in Puebla, manufacturing every single VW New Beetle driving across the world.
Two of the models manufactured in Mexico, the Golf 2015 and Golf GTI, were awarded as the North American car of the year, in one of the most prestigious automobile fairs worldwide: Detroit’s Auto Show 2015.
According to Michael Horn, CEO of the German company, the models were recognized for establishing important standards of innovation, value, design and driving assistance (including cruise control apps, and so on).
Both models belong to the seventh Golf generation, which has a starting price of $18,000 USD and four different versions; one of them is the e-Golf, a fully electric car, which has absolutely no emissions when driving.
Volkswagen has earned the same distinction back in 1999 with the New Beetle and was one of the finalists with the Jetta TDI in 2009, the Golf TDI Passat in 2010 and in 2012. In 2015, it defeated the Ford Mustang and Hyundai Genesis.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany