A Gingerbread Village displayed at El Dorado Royale, broke the Guinness World Record as the largest in the globe.
El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma displays a marvelous Gingerbread Village in its lobby, which has broken the Guinness World Record as the largest gingerbread village in the globe. This work of art was inspired and created by Executive Pastry Chef Pascal Demory and his passion for pastry-making.
The miniature model represents an urban downtown scene of the Yucatan peninsula, from the 16th and 19th centuries. It features the characteristics of a typical Mexican town after the Spanish conquest, going across the times of Dictator Porfirio Diaz and the social renewal after the Mexican Revolution.
Its grid design contains the replicas of urban elements, houses and buildings that are found in the traditional cities and towns of the Yucatan State, places such as Merida, Izamal, Valladolid or Uayma, showcasing architecture, art and culture through a unique representation.
With enormous dedication, Executive Pastry Chef Pascal Demory mastered the use of every single ingredient to create a delicious village, which is made up of 113 buildings distributed along 27 blocks connected by plazas, streets and avenues that span over 216.5 square feet, and is admired by the guests of El Dorado Royale.
In the model, one can fully appreciate a main plaza, a church, a market, a school, a train station, a bridge, an archeological site, a carpentry shop, a butcher shop, a textile warehouse, a bakery, a bar, a convenience store and even a jail and a cemetery.
Chef Pascal Demory is an expert in pastry-making and has been the judge in many ice cream, chocolate and sugar contests and has assisted to several workshops to master his abilities.
The piece of art will be exhibited until January 2016, and then donated to a non-profit foundation.
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"
- iPhones Pose Suicide Risk to Teenagers, Apple Investors Warn
- By ‘eck, the 34-year-old founder of Spotify, could be worth billions this year!
- Oprah Winfrey – Will she or won’t she run for the US Presidency in 2020?