Empowering women through innovation: A meeting to take place in MeridaBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
On January 25 and 26, the first international encounter "Women in the Economy and Innovation" will be held in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico.
The meeting will take place as part of the framework within the hundredth anniversary of the Feminist Congress, held back in January 1916 in the state.
The meeting will take place at the Jose Peon Contreras Theater, and will focus on the economic empowerment of women on equal terms, with a new vision based on an economic, innovative and productive perspective.
According to information provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE), some of the main speakers will be: activist and award-winning actress Susan Sarandon and President of Corporate Tupperware, Rick Goings; also the former Vice President of the United States, Al Gore, will offer a video conference, as well as the Nobel Peace Prize winner, Malala Yousafzai, on January 25th.
British actress and activist Emma Watson, was also going to attend the meeting, but due to her schedule, participation was canceled, but Rebeca Grynspan, political and Costa Rican economist, who is also Deputy General Secretary of the United Nations, Associate Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme, and Iberoamerican General Secretary will be there, along with the Administrator of the Small Business Administration (SBA), Maria Contreras-Sweet; and the application developer, and young lecturer at TED, Thomas Suarez; all of them joining the program of panelists.
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"