Empowering women through innovation: A meeting to take place in MeridaBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
On January 25 and 26, the first international encounter "Women in the Economy and Innovation" will be held in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico.
The meeting will take place as part of the framework within the hundredth anniversary of the Feminist Congress, held back in January 1916 in the state.
The meeting will take place at the Jose Peon Contreras Theater, and will focus on the economic empowerment of women on equal terms, with a new vision based on an economic, innovative and productive perspective.
According to information provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE), some of the main speakers will be: activist and award-winning actress Susan Sarandon and President of Corporate Tupperware, Rick Goings; also the former Vice President of the United States, Al Gore, will offer a video conference, as well as the Nobel Peace Prize winner, Malala Yousafzai, on January 25th.
British actress and activist Emma Watson, was also going to attend the meeting, but due to her schedule, participation was canceled, but Rebeca Grynspan, political and Costa Rican economist, who is also Deputy General Secretary of the United Nations, Associate Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme, and Iberoamerican General Secretary will be there, along with the Administrator of the Small Business Administration (SBA), Maria Contreras-Sweet; and the application developer, and young lecturer at TED, Thomas Suarez; all of them joining the program of panelists.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California