Everything ready for the 2016 Oscar nominationsBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
Tomorrow the nominated films for the 88th Annual Academy Awards will be announced!
The Golden Globes were held a few days ago, where the Mexican director Alejandro Gonzalez Iñarritu emerged triumphant thanks to his movie The Revenant, starring Leonardo Dicaprio. It was the absolute winner of the night taking home the prize for best film.
The presidents of the academy Cheryl Boone Isaacs, Guillermo del Toro, John Krasinski and Ang Lee will present the films that will be nominated in 24 categories of the Academy Awards.
The nomination ceremony will be held in the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills.
Source: Flickr. Original Title: “Academy Award Winner” by Davidlohr Bueso. Septiembre 6, 2009. Attribution 2.0 Generic License.
Mexican director Guillermo del Toro, accompanied by Ang Lee, will be responsible to announce the nominees for the categories of: Animated Feature Film, Cinematography, Costume Design, Documentary Feature, Documentary Short Subject, Makeup and Hairstyling, Original Song, Animated Short Film, Live Action Short Film, Sound Editing and Sound Mixing.
While Boone Isaacs and Krasinski will announce the nominations for Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress, Directing, Film Editing, Foreign Language Film, Original Score, Best Picture, Production Design, Visual Effects, Adapted Screenplay and Original Screenplay.
The live transmission will take place through www.oscars.org/live at 5:30 am Los Angeles time / 7:30 am in Mexico.
The Oscars will take place on February 28th at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation