What to expect in Cancun for 2014
During the RCI award ceremony, the organization spoke of the economic and tourist development of Cancun
Resort Condominiums International is the most important hotel organization of the world, due to the great number of active members it has; it also has commercial agreements with hotel developers in over 101 countries.
During the event, Mr. Juan Ignacio Rodriguez gave a few words to the media, regarding what to expect for Cancun during the year 2014, particularly focusing on the economic and tourist development of the region. He assured that the official figures for the year 2013 will be ready during the next few days and guaranteed that Cancun continues exceeding its own numbers successfully, along with a few mishaps caused during the year, product of the economic instability of some European and Latin American countries. Additionally, he assured that in spite of Cancun’s Conventions and Visitors Bureau estimates, the RCI forecasts an 8% hotel growth rate for this year 2014, in contrast to a 10% issued by the CVB… This is due to the ratification of the VAT in frontier states of Mexico.
He also emphasized that the only way Cancun may exceed all expectations was if all tourist service providers and hoteliers in Cancun would commit to take the destination to a higher level and more competitive, while showing themselves more committed to the tourist.
One of the most important challenges there are for Cancun for the year, is providing new and exciting experiences for tourists, instead of a mere hotel stay; for this, all hotel fields may be involved and merging to reach such goal. The second goal on the list is to be more competitive before other tourist destinations, not only overseas but also at a national level. And last but not least the third objective is to take advantage of all natural and cultural resources, because they are the best value selling point to advertise to overseas tourists, and all those who are soon to visit Mexico.
- Southwest Airlines inaugurates new international route to Cancun from New Orleans
- The Federal Aviation Administration has ordered airlines to inspect certain older CFM56-7B turbofan engines.
- North Korea 'halts missile and nuclear tests', says Kim Jong-un
- Frida Kahlo Barbie doll banned from shop shelves in Mexico
- NAFTA meeting on tap; Mexico doesn’t want to be used to elude US tariffs
- Mexico is second on world’s best places to retire list
- New video editing trend could be the future of ´fake news'
- Trump says North Korea talks under way but he may not meet Kim Jong-un
- Mexico’s candidates are avoiding talking about the elephant in the room: Pensions
- Elon Musk just sank more than $100 million into The Boring Company
- Netflix is soaring after it crushed subscriber growth targets yet again
- Starbucks: Protesters call for boycott after black men arrested