Alien Life: NASA says We're Closer to Finding It.By Dania Vargas Austryjak
In search life beyond Earth.
Scientists from the United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) see the possibility finding life on other worlds as something tangible enough to be be done within the next 10 to 20 years.
In their search for other habitable planets NASA's top researchers have stressed the importance of water for the development of life as we know it. Currently the focus is on finding extraterrestrial life in hypothetically microbial form. The researchers claim to have the needed technology and have stated they already know where to look. It really is just a matter of time.
In a press release from NASA, chief scientist Ellen Stofan, stated the very real possibility of finding life on other planets “in our lifetime”.
Visual analyses have already been made of the surface of moons orbiting planets in our solar system. Notably, Ganymede and Europa, Jupiter’s moons which are believed to conceal large liquid oceans beneath their icy crusts. A mission to Europa is planned for the year 2022, in order to clarify whether or not this moon is potentially habitable, as well as searching for signs of alien life.
A closer astronomical object of study is the planet Mars, in which the most recent development is the discovery of calcium perchlorate, a substance commonly found in salt water. “Under the right conditions, it absorbs water vapor from the atmosphere”, stated Dr. Morten Bo Madsen, head of the Mars Group at the University of Copenhagen to the Daily Express. “The soil is porous, so what we are seeing is that the water seeps down through the soil."
The discovery is groundbreaking as water, in liquid form, was in fact confirmed on the Red Planet on Monday. Prior to this, the existence of water on Mars had only been known to exist in a frozen state at its poles. "It would be speculation to suggest there could be life underground as we simply do not know that,” stated Dr. Madsen. “But what this discovery does show is that there is evidence of water on Mars itself."
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany