Majo Cornejo: The First Mexican Voice in Cirque du SoleilBy Sofia Rattinger
She is the first Mexican voice at Cirque du Soleil. Her name is Majo Cornejo, a 21 year-old girl who enthusiastically received the news of becoming part of this grand show. She’s a professional singer, and is very well aware that the path in the industry may be complicated, filled with obstacles and with the constant risk of losing the way.
Cornejo said that she’s never faced such challenge in her career, and at her young age she has discovered that in order to succeed in this field, it’s important to knock on many doors and even though some of them might seem impossible to open, you can’t give up.
Majo is aware that music isn’t a fast-paced career. It’s more about endurance. She stated that her audition process went quite normal, as it would for anyone… It was exhausting, given that for eight months she went through physical, vocal, histrionic and psychological tests.
She also stated that the producers are very demanding and detail-oriented, they don’t only evaluate vocal quality, but also musical theoretical knowledge. They seek people who are experts in the field.
The Mexican singer will debut this year at the most famous circus of the world, at the show “Luzia”, a performance that covers topics with Latin American influence, specifically highlighting various expressions from Mexico’s culture.
Majo has already packed her bags to travel to Montreal, the base of the circus since 1997, and she is ready to tour the world and sing Mexican music.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California