Majo Cornejo: The First Mexican Voice in Cirque du SoleilBy Sofia Rattinger
She is the first Mexican voice at Cirque du Soleil. Her name is Majo Cornejo, a 21 year-old girl who enthusiastically received the news of becoming part of this grand show. She’s a professional singer, and is very well aware that the path in the industry may be complicated, filled with obstacles and with the constant risk of losing the way.
Cornejo said that she’s never faced such challenge in her career, and at her young age she has discovered that in order to succeed in this field, it’s important to knock on many doors and even though some of them might seem impossible to open, you can’t give up.
Majo is aware that music isn’t a fast-paced career. It’s more about endurance. She stated that her audition process went quite normal, as it would for anyone… It was exhausting, given that for eight months she went through physical, vocal, histrionic and psychological tests.
She also stated that the producers are very demanding and detail-oriented, they don’t only evaluate vocal quality, but also musical theoretical knowledge. They seek people who are experts in the field.
The Mexican singer will debut this year at the most famous circus of the world, at the show “Luzia”, a performance that covers topics with Latin American influence, specifically highlighting various expressions from Mexico’s culture.
Majo has already packed her bags to travel to Montreal, the base of the circus since 1997, and she is ready to tour the world and sing Mexican music.
- Why did the Mouse eat the Fox? To get to the other side.
- Ford Motor to shift midsize sedan production out of Mexico
- Mexico’s CFE increases Power Tariffs by 4.3%
- Fed raises interest rates, sets stage for more increases in 2018
- Set aside part of your Christmas bonus to your retirement account
- Brexit deal is a 'gentleman's agreement' says EU
- Bitcoin futures trading begins on CBOE exchange in Chicago
- Mexico’s Presidential Campaign Season Heats up as Ricardo Anaya Joins the Foray
- The Fate of Bitcoin is in the Hands of a Thousand People
- Apple Plans to Acquire Shazam
- Mexican Launches his own 'Netflix'
- Despite NAFTA and AMLO, Mexico maintains stable outlook