Mexico Prepares for its First Moon Mission!By Fernanda Duque Hernández
The mission will be a partnership with Astrobotic Technology Inc.
Mexico is preparing to conquer space. The Mexican Space Agency (AEM) is already preparing its first unmanned mission to the moon, which will be possible thanks to a partnership with American firm, Astrobotic Technology Inc.
The goal of this project is to send scientific equipment to the moon, for which the AEM has made a call for Mexican researchers to send their ideas for this mission. The announcement was made by the Sectorial Fund for Research, Technological Development and Innovation in Space Development, which is part of Mexico’s National Council for Science and Technology (Conacyt). The results will be announced next August.
“AEM’s rising space science and exploration community is yet one more example of the immense international interest in the Moon as a destination for science, exploration, and other activities,” said John Thornton, CEO of Astrobotic through a press release. “We are proud to be partnered with our friends in Mexico.”
Astrobotic Technology is a company that specializes in the development of technology for space missions, innovations that subsequently are offered to governments, universities and scientific organizations. With the realization of this mission, Mexico will become the first Latin American country to reach the moon. It will also be one of the first pioneers of its kind of in hired space services.
Astrobotic is also working with the United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to support the development of a private project, which involves sending an explorer robot to the moon.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation