FiturTech 2015: A glance into the future!
The latest technology for travel.
FiturTech is the technological exhibition that belongs to the International Tourism Trade Fair (Fitur), which this year celebrates its 35th edition in Madrid, Spain. But what can we find in FiturTech? Almost everything!
During the last edition of this technological fair, several innovations that are improving the travel business were launched to the world, for example: the first tourist application for Google Glass and the hotel room of the future.
This year FiturTech has the task to take the audience on a 20-year trip into the future! Experts will show on display, to 4,000 international tourism representatives, the way that technology will change the relationship between travelers and tourism enterprises.
This year 2015 edition of FiturTech will be divided in 4 major strategic topics: the first one is in charge of helping companies take advantage of last hour reservations via mobiles.
It’s a fact that the tourism industry is very much in touch with the latest developments in technology. According to the Trade Fair Institution of Madrid (IFEMA), 47% of travelers use a mobile device -as cellphone or tablets- to book tourist services, meanwhile another 37% use it to buy flight tickets.
The next topic on the list, is engaging a higher number of travelers through social media networks and platforms. According to a recent survey made by Digital Research, 1 of every 10 travelers use Facebook or Twitter to contact their agency, so having a friendly platform will improve any travel company’s feedbacks, engagement and their overall performance.
Keynotes and forums will also discuss upon new tourism trends and the way to optimize hotels’ web pages, making them simpler in order to improve interaction and engagement with the traveler.
Experts will also explain the next evolution of smart devices. According to evercom -an enterprise specialized on public relationship and communications- in the near future, everything will be connected and tourist companies have to be prepared to adjust their products and service to these new platforms.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany