Buon Viaggio! New Flight from Milan to Cancun!By Fernanda Duque Hernández
Milan, Cancun and Merida in a single route.
Italian airline Blue Panorama has announced a new flight route from Milan to Cancun. And as a special addition, the company confirmed that it will have one stop in Merida, Yucatan on its return flight to Europe.
The airline mobilizes more than 2 million passengers from Italy, France, England, Spain, Greece, Germany and Switzerland on a yearly basis. The new air connection from Milan will begin with three or four flights a week. Blue Panorama directors expect that by the end of 2015, this route will have 24 or more flights per year.
The Milan-Cancun flight will launc on April 13th with three types of aircraft: B767, 737 and the B757. All of them with capacity for 270 passengers. The 11 hour-long flight will have an initial cost of 750 euros.
The State Minister of Promotion & Tourism of Yucatan, Saul Ancona, stated during an announcement at a local hotel in Merida, that the new route will generate a higher influx of European visitors to the Yucatan peninsula, not just to Cancun. In so doing, it would promote other destinations in the state of Yucatan.
Furthermore, Blue Panorama has been in talks with wholesalers and Mexican travel agencies to better position this flight in the European market. Ancona assured that, should it be successful, it could also draw more international air connections for the Yucatan Peninsula, especially from Germany.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany