Aeromexico will launch flights operated only by womenBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
As part of the follow-up celebrations for the International Women's Day the Mexican airline confirmed its commitment to gender equality in its operations.
The company Aeromexico announced that they will be carrying out nine flights operated only by women. These will includedomestic and international destinations such as Monterrey, Puerto Vallarta, Guatemala, Montreal, Houston, New York, Lima, Tokyo and Madrid.
The airline announced that the aircraft that they'll use to implement these flights will be Embraer 190 and Boeing 737, 777 and 787 Dreamliner.
It is important to mention that during 2015, Aeroméxico made the first transcontinental flight in the history of aviation, since it was operated only by women, between Mexico City and Shanghai.
The airline said in a press release that with this measure they're adding on to the global efforts to break myths and prejudices about the presence of women in aviation.
The executive director of Talent and Institutional Relations of Aeroméxico, Sergio Allard, said that the role and performance of women in the company, has triggered the company to position itself as the largest airline in Mexico, and thus keep putting on high the name of Mexico worldwide.
Using the hashtag #MujeresVuelanAlto, the company recognizes the power, influence and importance of women in each of the actions, successes and future plans.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation