Foreign tourists prefer Mexico, impose new record in 2016By Elliot Bullman
The country achieved a spill of foreign currency in the tourism sector of 19.57 bn dollars, 10.3 percent higher than in 2015.
Mexico was able to impose a new record in tourism last year by capturing 34.9 million international tourists, 8.9% more than the previous year according to the Bank of Mexico.
Even before that data was confirmed, the World Tourism Organization (WTO) announced that Mexico would manage to increase its position in the list of the ten countries most visited by international tourists, moving up from ninth position to eighth.
The Ministry of Tourism said that tourists by air, the main component of hospitalization tourism, increased 10.7%, from 15.2 to 16.9 million tourists from January to December 2016.
He added that the flow of border tourism registered growth of 5.4%, passing from 13.8 million tourists from January to December 2015 to 14.5 million in the same period of 2016.
Of this amount, 12.2 million came in by car, a figure 7.2% higher than 2015, the Tourism Ministry said in a statement.
- REITS unharmed and even strengthened from the 'Trump storm'
- Tesla unveils first battery powered truck
- US game maker launches stunt to snarl plans for border wall with Mexico
- Bajío, a clear example of Mexico´s digital transformation
- Most Millennials are Faring Worse than their Parents: Study
- Mexico prepares macroeconomic contingency plan in case NAFTA talks breakdown
- Could this be the perfect job - receiving money for enjoying life in Cancun?
- Mexico, lagging behind in the use of financial robots
- How long do you have to wait to be taken off the Credit Bureau’s black list?
- Half a million mexicans could lose their savings
- Online traders forecast a very good Buen Fin
- Mexico and 10 Asia-Pacific countries lay the foundations of a trade agreement without the US