Foreign tourists prefer Mexico, impose new record in 2016By Elliot Bullman
The country achieved a spill of foreign currency in the tourism sector of 19.57 bn dollars, 10.3 percent higher than in 2015.
Mexico was able to impose a new record in tourism last year by capturing 34.9 million international tourists, 8.9% more than the previous year according to the Bank of Mexico.
Even before that data was confirmed, the World Tourism Organization (WTO) announced that Mexico would manage to increase its position in the list of the ten countries most visited by international tourists, moving up from ninth position to eighth.
The Ministry of Tourism said that tourists by air, the main component of hospitalization tourism, increased 10.7%, from 15.2 to 16.9 million tourists from January to December 2016.
He added that the flow of border tourism registered growth of 5.4%, passing from 13.8 million tourists from January to December 2015 to 14.5 million in the same period of 2016.
Of this amount, 12.2 million came in by car, a figure 7.2% higher than 2015, the Tourism Ministry said in a statement.
- Mexicans in the US to receive advice on transferring finances
- Mexico turns to Japan to buy meat and Argentina for maize
- BREXIT To Become Official Next Week
- U.S.-Mexico border wall could boost cement industry
- Canada - Mexico can integrate a better supply chain: minister
- Maya chewing gum finds global market
- Monterrey is crowned as the best city to live in Mexico
- Mexico could ignite Latin America’s green bond market
- Mexico's economy minister says NAFTA talks must lead to "certain victories"
- Cinépolis USA Introduces Cinépolis Junior
- Mexican donuts on their way to Latin America
- Samsung will remain in Mexico