676,241 formal jobs are created between January and August 2017By Elliot Bullman
In August alone, the Mexican Institute of Social Security registered the creation of more than 120 thousand jobs, the best monthly growth the institution has ever registered.
Job creation between January and August 2017 amounted to 676,241 jobs, the best growth reported since registering in similar periods, the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) reports in its monthly report.
Job creation in August alone was 120 thousand 643 jobs, the best employment figures ever recorded for August. Annual growth from August 2016 to August 2017, rose by 4.5 percent, totalling 826 thousand 638 jobs.
This rate of 4.5 percent is among the highest recorded in the current six-year period: in December 2012 and March 2017 employment reported a rate of 4.6 percent, while in January, February, March, April and August 2015 were 4.5 percent as in July and August of this year.
The vast increase in employment is attributed to the communications and transport sectors with growth of 6.5 percent and agriculture with 6.2 percent.
- The surprising change of mood in 2017
- Hurricane 'Irma' will cause more cruise demand for Mexico
- Merida, Yucatan fast becoming an industrial powerhouse
- Manpower predicts biggest recruitment surge in Mexico for 20 years
- 676,241 formal jobs are created between January and August 2017
- Apple suffers 'major iPhone X leak'
- Government signs agreement with Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba
- Who foots the bill for Mother Nature's Destructive Fury?
- Shell opens first Mexico gas station, eyes up to $1 billion investment
- NAFTA talks adjourn in Mexico City without progress
- Mexico to Offer Job, Credits and Scholarships to 'Dreamers'
- New stock exchange set to open in Mexico