676,241 formal jobs are created between January and August 2017By Elliot Bullman
In August alone, the Mexican Institute of Social Security registered the creation of more than 120 thousand jobs, the best monthly growth the institution has ever registered.
Job creation between January and August 2017 amounted to 676,241 jobs, the best growth reported since registering in similar periods, the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) reports in its monthly report.
Job creation in August alone was 120 thousand 643 jobs, the best employment figures ever recorded for August. Annual growth from August 2016 to August 2017, rose by 4.5 percent, totalling 826 thousand 638 jobs.
This rate of 4.5 percent is among the highest recorded in the current six-year period: in December 2012 and March 2017 employment reported a rate of 4.6 percent, while in January, February, March, April and August 2015 were 4.5 percent as in July and August of this year.
The vast increase in employment is attributed to the communications and transport sectors with growth of 6.5 percent and agriculture with 6.2 percent.
- Artificial Intelligence is Transforming Mexico’s Financial Sector
- Mexico’s IRS Chief Evaluates Blacklisting the United States as a Tax Haven (REFIPRE)
- America's Passion for Guns: Ownership and Violence by the Numbers
- US Breaks Ground on New Embassy in Mexican Capital
- Cape Town Drought Declared a 'National Disaster'
- Canada and the U.S Exchange Criticism Amid Rising Tensions over NAFTA Negotiations
- Oxfam: Deputy Resigns Over Sex Claims Amid Crisis Talks
- Trump's Infrastructure Blueprint Labelled a 'Scam'
- Mexico Leads OECD Nations in Reducing Mobile Interconnection Rates
- OPINION | Perversely, good economic news has spooked the stock markets
- Disney raises prices of U.S. theme parks’ tickets
- New York State sues Weinstein Company