676,241 formal jobs are created between January and August 2017By Elliot Bullman
In August alone, the Mexican Institute of Social Security registered the creation of more than 120 thousand jobs, the best monthly growth the institution has ever registered.
Job creation between January and August 2017 amounted to 676,241 jobs, the best growth reported since registering in similar periods, the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) reports in its monthly report.
Job creation in August alone was 120 thousand 643 jobs, the best employment figures ever recorded for August. Annual growth from August 2016 to August 2017, rose by 4.5 percent, totalling 826 thousand 638 jobs.
This rate of 4.5 percent is among the highest recorded in the current six-year period: in December 2012 and March 2017 employment reported a rate of 4.6 percent, while in January, February, March, April and August 2015 were 4.5 percent as in July and August of this year.
The vast increase in employment is attributed to the communications and transport sectors with growth of 6.5 percent and agriculture with 6.2 percent.
- REITS unharmed and even strengthened from the 'Trump storm'
- Tesla unveils first battery powered truck
- US game maker launches stunt to snarl plans for border wall with Mexico
- Bajío, a clear example of Mexico´s digital transformation
- Most Millennials are Faring Worse than their Parents: Study
- Mexico prepares macroeconomic contingency plan in case NAFTA talks breakdown
- Could this be the perfect job - receiving money for enjoying life in Cancun?
- Mexico, lagging behind in the use of financial robots
- How long do you have to wait to be taken off the Credit Bureau’s black list?
- Half a million mexicans could lose their savings
- Online traders forecast a very good Buen Fin
- Mexico and 10 Asia-Pacific countries lay the foundations of a trade agreement without the US