676,241 formal jobs are created between January and August 2017By Elliot Bullman
In August alone, the Mexican Institute of Social Security registered the creation of more than 120 thousand jobs, the best monthly growth the institution has ever registered.
Job creation between January and August 2017 amounted to 676,241 jobs, the best growth reported since registering in similar periods, the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) reports in its monthly report.
Job creation in August alone was 120 thousand 643 jobs, the best employment figures ever recorded for August. Annual growth from August 2016 to August 2017, rose by 4.5 percent, totalling 826 thousand 638 jobs.
This rate of 4.5 percent is among the highest recorded in the current six-year period: in December 2012 and March 2017 employment reported a rate of 4.6 percent, while in January, February, March, April and August 2015 were 4.5 percent as in July and August of this year.
The vast increase in employment is attributed to the communications and transport sectors with growth of 6.5 percent and agriculture with 6.2 percent.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany