A new direct flight from Frankfurt to CancunBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
Cancun continuous improving its air connectivity.
Big news just came in! Cancun kicks off the year 2015 greatly, and when it comes to connectivity, it’s improving by the second! Mr. Dirk Van Nieuwkerk, Director of Lufthansa Airlines in Mexico and Central America, announced that the German airline will be opening non-stop flights from Frankfurt to Cancun.
The new flight will be ready and fully operating by the next holiday season, and will be managed with the best of Lufthansa’s fleet, featuring –to start off with- A340-300 airplanes. Each one of this crafts has the capacity of handling and catering a total of 298 passengers in three different sections: Executive, Economic Premium and Tourist Class.
So far, the airline has launched two weekly flights from Munich to the Mexican Caribbean. In spite of this new Frankfurt-Cancun direct flight being a seasonal flight, the company deeply trusts in the destination and success of this new air connection, and hopes that in the near future it could even turn into a more permanent connection. Projections on this new flight are very promising and reveal a success behind this measure! It’s worth mentioning that this would be Lufthansas’s third flight that opens directly to connect Mexico and Germany!
Nieuwkerk explained that this new flight is product of what the market demands. Flying from Germany to Mexico has gained greater popularity during the past few months, -even years!-
Tourists, entrepreneurs and travelers actually demand more flights that connect Mexico and Germany… Only in 2014, the number of passengers between both nations grew by 35%, and according to Lufthansa, this year promises excellent figures: Projections state that the airline could be facing an increase of 15% on passengers between Germany and Mexico.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany