Ultimate Frisbee in Cancun!
An exciting and challenging Tournament will be held in Cancun!
Ultimate Frisbee is a spectacular sport that has arrived in Cancun, and has done so with the first International Frisbee Tournament that will take place in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean starting on January 16th until the 18th. This sport is very similar to flag-football, and is becoming worldwide famous as time goes by. This game doesn’t require a referee, so it encourages honesty and fair play among competitors, plus it’s a non-violent sport.
The tournament will face 6 teams conformed by 11 players of different nationalities each one, and will be played on the beach in front of the Royal Islander Resort on January 16th and 18th; while it will have its field modality on January 17th in the Iberostar Resort, both in Cancun’s hotel zone.
This event has been held in Acapulco for the past 10 years, and according to its organizers, will arrive to the state of Quintana Roo in a recreational non-competitive scenario.
The Director of the Sports Institute in the county of Benito Juarez, Jose Luis Gonzalez Mendoza, highlighted the importance of implementing this sport in elementary education for the development of ethical values and abilities among students, so he committed to generate meetings with physical education teachers, and he furthermore assured that sport tourism is one of his priorities.
Ultimate Frisbee is a sport that is gaining strength all around the world mainly because it’s very cheap. The only thing that you need to practice this wonderful and exciting sport is a Frisbee, which costs around $200 Mexican pesos, or less that $20 USD, a pair of tennis shoes and sportswear. Also, its fast and attractive moves, makes it a very fun sport to play and watch. This way, it can be played almost everywhere and every time, and age isn’t a limitation, the only thing you need is the ability to run, be quick on your feet and throw great distances.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation