Game of Thrones Author, George R.R. Martin, to Visit MexicoBy Sandor Barragán Gutiérrez
** HBO official trailer **
Kings, Knights and Dragons will take Guadalajara Book Fair by storm.
Game of Thrones fan much? See how you like this:
Epic author George R.R. Martin himself, will be present at the 2015 edition of the International Book Fair of Guadalajara (FIL Guadalajara), which will take place from November 28 to December 6. According to his official website, Martin will only be present on the 4th and the 5th of December.
GOT it started off with the literary saga “A Song of Ice and Fire” and reached global fame when HBO adapted it to an award-winning television series. The story takes place in a fictional world of medieval fantasy where dragons, magic and mystical creatures exist. The plot revolves around the many struggles of several noble families to seize power after their king is killed by a wild boar during a hunting expedition.
The event Martin will be attending is in fact one of Mexico’s largest and most widely acclaimed cultural events, known for hosting renowned and controversial guests such as Peruvian author Mario Vargas Llosa, Israeli Nobel laureate Ada Yonath and Welsh author Ken Follett. Last year, President Enrique Peña Nieto made an act of presence.
One curious piece of trivia on Martin is his very cautious nature. This was perhaps best exemplified when he decided to reveal the saga’s ending to the TV series’ producers. The American author did this in the event that he should pass away before the series was completed (at the time of this article’s publishing, he is 66 years old). So if you are a fan, you needn’t worry about the series ending unfinished.
And don’t forget: Season 5 is airing on April 12 this year!
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation