Germany is Mexico’s largest trading partner in the European UnionBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
German companies in the country see the great economic potential it has.
From June 15 to 19 the Expo “Made in Germany” will be held in Mexico City, as part of the Dual year held between Mexico and Germany.
Viktor Eibling, German Ambassador in Mexico, said, quoted in an article in El Universal, Mexico is one of the best countries to invest in Latin America, because at least seven out of 10 German companies in the country rely largely on the national economy.
The diplomat noted that during the current federal administration 15 billion dollars have been invested in Mexico by 700 thousand German companies and most of these companies are looking to expand their businesses in the country.
Mexico is an important partner for Germany, and companies have decided for it in a very strategic way, so the country became the first commercial partner of Germany over Brazil in Latin America, according to the Diplomat.
Thomas Karig, president of the Mexican-GermanChamber of Commerce and Industry (Camexa) and Vice President of Corporate Relations at Volkswagen, said that relations between the two countries live a dynamism that has never been seen before, time that is reflected in the number of companies affiliated with the organization.
Finally it is important to mention that the Expo “Made in Germany” represents an opportunity to share with Mexican sustainable and innovative solutions for industries of all kinds, with which people will be able to observe the progress and get a perspective of what the Dual year means for both countries and how it will benefit them.
- Yahoo says all 3 billion accounts hacked in 2013 data theft
- Three European airlines have folded since August.
- Opening date set for new Mayan theme park in Cancun
- Investment of $5.3bn announced for 3 Special Enterprise Zones
- Steelmakers announce big spending plans
- Mexico national team extends TV deal with Televisa and TV Azteca
- US and Canada Round on Mexico in the latest NAFTA talks
- Stolen funds could pay for Mexico´s colossal earthquake damage
- Mexico eyes record Year for IPOs
- US Sports stars round on US president
- At least 16 nations rally to Mexico’s aid
- Political parties will donate electoral budget to earthquake victims