Government seeks more Germans to visit MexicoBy Elliot Bullman
Mexico's Secretary of Tourism travelled to Berlin in search of new business opportunities and to increase the flow of visitors.
Last week Enrique De la Madrid Cordero participated in the inauguration of "ITB Berlin 2017, International Tourism Exchange", one of the most important tourism trade fairs in the world. The mission of the trip was to open new business opportunities and increase the flow of visitors from German to Mexico.
Germany is the eighth most important market for Mexico and the third most important market in Europe.
Mexico is the third most visited country by Germans, after Brazil and Dominican Republic. During the past year, Mexico received 230,400 German citizens, representing an increase of 16.8% annually.
Germans prefer the beaches of Cancun and the Riviera Maya, as well as the history of Mexico City. They stay for 17 nights, spending up to $3,000.
The tourism trade event was attended by more than 10,000 exhibitors from 186 countries, showcasing their products and services to more than 175,000 viewers.
- The final curtain call for the Ringling Bros. circus
- MD Elektronik Mexicana, a company with German capital, arrives in León
- Mexico’s Grupo Lala is lead bidder for Danone’s Stonyfield Farm
- IMF ratifies flexible credit line for $86 billion for Mexico
- Nissan breaks sales record in Mexico
- British Petroleum expects to grow its investment in Mexico´s energy sector
- Shell and Exxonmobil to open gas stations this year in Mexico
- 29 countries to support China on the Silk Road
- Nissan's 'Godzilla' arrives in Mexico
- Hybrids are hot in Mexico
- General Electric backs NAFTA and voices support for Mexico
- Mexico's Secretary of Foreign Affairs keen to start NAFTA talks in U.S.