Government seeks more Germans to visit MexicoBy Elliot Bullman
Mexico's Secretary of Tourism travelled to Berlin in search of new business opportunities and to increase the flow of visitors.
Last week Enrique De la Madrid Cordero participated in the inauguration of "ITB Berlin 2017, International Tourism Exchange", one of the most important tourism trade fairs in the world. The mission of the trip was to open new business opportunities and increase the flow of visitors from German to Mexico.
Germany is the eighth most important market for Mexico and the third most important market in Europe.
Mexico is the third most visited country by Germans, after Brazil and Dominican Republic. During the past year, Mexico received 230,400 German citizens, representing an increase of 16.8% annually.
Germans prefer the beaches of Cancun and the Riviera Maya, as well as the history of Mexico City. They stay for 17 nights, spending up to $3,000.
The tourism trade event was attended by more than 10,000 exhibitors from 186 countries, showcasing their products and services to more than 175,000 viewers.
- REITS unharmed and even strengthened from the 'Trump storm'
- Tesla unveils first battery powered truck
- US game maker launches stunt to snarl plans for border wall with Mexico
- Bajío, a clear example of Mexico´s digital transformation
- Most Millennials are Faring Worse than their Parents: Study
- Mexico prepares macroeconomic contingency plan in case NAFTA talks breakdown
- Could this be the perfect job - receiving money for enjoying life in Cancun?
- Mexico, lagging behind in the use of financial robots
- How long do you have to wait to be taken off the Credit Bureau’s black list?
- Half a million mexicans could lose their savings
- Online traders forecast a very good Buen Fin
- Mexico and 10 Asia-Pacific countries lay the foundations of a trade agreement without the US