Government seeks more Germans to visit MexicoBy Elliot Bullman
Mexico's Secretary of Tourism travelled to Berlin in search of new business opportunities and to increase the flow of visitors.
Last week Enrique De la Madrid Cordero participated in the inauguration of "ITB Berlin 2017, International Tourism Exchange", one of the most important tourism trade fairs in the world. The mission of the trip was to open new business opportunities and increase the flow of visitors from German to Mexico.
Germany is the eighth most important market for Mexico and the third most important market in Europe.
Mexico is the third most visited country by Germans, after Brazil and Dominican Republic. During the past year, Mexico received 230,400 German citizens, representing an increase of 16.8% annually.
Germans prefer the beaches of Cancun and the Riviera Maya, as well as the history of Mexico City. They stay for 17 nights, spending up to $3,000.
The tourism trade event was attended by more than 10,000 exhibitors from 186 countries, showcasing their products and services to more than 175,000 viewers.
- Mexicans in the US to receive advice on transferring finances
- Mexico turns to Japan to buy meat and Argentina for maize
- BREXIT To Become Official Next Week
- U.S.-Mexico border wall could boost cement industry
- Canada - Mexico can integrate a better supply chain: minister
- Maya chewing gum finds global market
- Monterrey is crowned as the best city to live in Mexico
- Mexico could ignite Latin America’s green bond market
- Mexico's economy minister says NAFTA talks must lead to "certain victories"
- Cinépolis USA Introduces Cinépolis Junior
- Mexican donuts on their way to Latin America
- Samsung will remain in Mexico