Great expectation for Dual Year Mexico - GermanyBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
Technology, culture and clean energy, the main axes of the Dual Year
It will be up until summer when the political and cultural activities of the Dual Year Mexico - Germany and vice versa will officially start; the embassy of that country in Mexico, led by Viktor Elbling, said to have great expectations regarding 2016 and its many events.
According to an official statement, President Enrique Peña Nieto will make a state visit to Germany in the spring, in which it is expected that various initiatives and projects to materialize; it also scheduled a visit to Mexico by the Federal Minister for Education and Research, Dr. Johana Wanka.
Under the motto "A Partnership for the Future”, different types of events with a cultural significance will be held. Although no official date has been revealed, it is expected that the exhibition “Maya: Revelation of an Endless Time”, moves from Liverpool to Berlin in 2016.
Another of the activities that has already been set for this year is a group exhibition of sound art at Laboratorio Arte Alameda (LAA) by four Mexican artists and one German; and also a general sample of the Dual Year with the participation of the curator Saifer Berlin Carstens, said the general director of the LAA, Tania Aedo.
In the technology field, the Mexican doctor, Raul Rojas will work during 2016 in the creation of a smart home to be installed in Mexico, which will have the latest technology developed in Germany, and will have "a facility for recovering the energy from the sun and combine it with a heat pump for heating; in addition everything will be controlled entirely by computer".
It also expected that various economic sectors may be benefited with increased German investment in the country; example of this will be the hydrocarbon industry and renewable energy.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation