Hacienda announces positive results for the Mexican economyBy Elliot Bullman
The Secretary of the Treasury announces the growth of the economy in 2016 amidst the current uncertainty.
Mexico's economy is growing at a faster pace than other emerging and developed countries, thanks to the combination of macroeconomic policies and the implementation of reforms, which has helped to increase their capacity to resist shocks says, The Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP).
Despite the complex external environment, characterized by high volatility in international markets, weak world trade dynamics, low oil prices and rising US interest rates, the Mexican economy continues to rise, through its main engine, the domestic market.
Mexico's economic growth was 2.3 percent in 2016, thanks largely to the growth reported in consumption of goods and services of domestic origin and the greater flow of remittances to the country.
The implementation of structural reforms have generated significant domestic and foreign investment in vital sectors such as energy, telecommunications and finance.
2017 however will be a complicated year and the main risk for the economic growth of the country is the high uncertainty, especially of the Mexico-US trade relationship.
- NAFTA meeting on tap; Mexico doesn’t want to be used to elude US tariffs
- Mexico is second on world’s best places to retire list
- New video editing trend could be the future of ´fake news'
- Trump says North Korea talks under way but he may not meet Kim Jong-un
- Mexico’s candidates are avoiding talking about the elephant in the room: Pensions
- Elon Musk just sank more than $100 million into The Boring Company
- Netflix is soaring after it crushed subscriber growth targets yet again
- Starbucks: Protesters call for boycott after black men arrested
- Mexico Leads Worldwide List for Work Related Stress
- Despite making more money than ever Airlines face a multitude of problems
- Mexico climbs from thirteenth to sixth most popular international tourism destination
- Comey Calls Trump ‘Morally Unfit’ and a ‘Stain’ on All Around Him