Hacienda announces positive results for the Mexican economyBy Elliot Bullman
The Secretary of the Treasury announces the growth of the economy in 2016 amidst the current uncertainty.
Mexico's economy is growing at a faster pace than other emerging and developed countries, thanks to the combination of macroeconomic policies and the implementation of reforms, which has helped to increase their capacity to resist shocks says, The Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP).
Despite the complex external environment, characterized by high volatility in international markets, weak world trade dynamics, low oil prices and rising US interest rates, the Mexican economy continues to rise, through its main engine, the domestic market.
Mexico's economic growth was 2.3 percent in 2016, thanks largely to the growth reported in consumption of goods and services of domestic origin and the greater flow of remittances to the country.
The implementation of structural reforms have generated significant domestic and foreign investment in vital sectors such as energy, telecommunications and finance.
2017 however will be a complicated year and the main risk for the economic growth of the country is the high uncertainty, especially of the Mexico-US trade relationship.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany