Hacienda announces positive results for the Mexican economyBy Elliot Bullman
The Secretary of the Treasury announces the growth of the economy in 2016 amidst the current uncertainty.
Mexico's economy is growing at a faster pace than other emerging and developed countries, thanks to the combination of macroeconomic policies and the implementation of reforms, which has helped to increase their capacity to resist shocks says, The Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP).
Despite the complex external environment, characterized by high volatility in international markets, weak world trade dynamics, low oil prices and rising US interest rates, the Mexican economy continues to rise, through its main engine, the domestic market.
Mexico's economic growth was 2.3 percent in 2016, thanks largely to the growth reported in consumption of goods and services of domestic origin and the greater flow of remittances to the country.
The implementation of structural reforms have generated significant domestic and foreign investment in vital sectors such as energy, telecommunications and finance.
2017 however will be a complicated year and the main risk for the economic growth of the country is the high uncertainty, especially of the Mexico-US trade relationship.
- REITS unharmed and even strengthened from the 'Trump storm'
- Tesla unveils first battery powered truck
- US game maker launches stunt to snarl plans for border wall with Mexico
- Bajío, a clear example of Mexico´s digital transformation
- Most Millennials are Faring Worse than their Parents: Study
- Mexico prepares macroeconomic contingency plan in case NAFTA talks breakdown
- Could this be the perfect job - receiving money for enjoying life in Cancun?
- Mexico, lagging behind in the use of financial robots
- How long do you have to wait to be taken off the Credit Bureau’s black list?
- Half a million mexicans could lose their savings
- Online traders forecast a very good Buen Fin
- Mexico and 10 Asia-Pacific countries lay the foundations of a trade agreement without the US