Interjet is connecting Cancun & Miami
Directflight Cancun - Miami
Beginning on December 18th, and with the purpose of increasing the amount of passengers for the next holiday season, Interjet will connect the two most important destinations in the Caribbean: Miami and Cancun.
According to the company’s CEO, Jose Luis Garza, the decision to open this flight was taken because the two Mexican destinations with the highest number of visitors worldwide are, precisely, Cancun and Riviera Maya.
Garza said that, during the first seven months of 2014, theCancun International Airport received almost 4 million international tourists, representing an increase of 8.4% against those reported in the same period last year.
The detailed report of such increase during the season goes as follows:
-An 11.6% increase in US tourists, representing a total of 1 million 882,000 tourists.
-A 5.7% increase of French visitors.
-A 4.5% increase of English visitors.
However, the most significant increase in tourist passengers came in fact from Russia, since there was a registered 38.3% growth of Russian visitors into the Cancun International Airport!
Interjet also announced that this new direct flight from Miami into Cancun will be $255 USD, and passengers may travel with such airfare from December 18th 2014 to January 4th 2015.
Interjet's announcement adds to other flights disclosed in recent weeks by other Mexican low-cost carriers, which will connect Cancun to important points of the United States, such as Houston and Las Vegas.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California