Interjet is connecting Cancun & Miami
Directflight Cancun - Miami
Beginning on December 18th, and with the purpose of increasing the amount of passengers for the next holiday season, Interjet will connect the two most important destinations in the Caribbean: Miami and Cancun.
According to the company’s CEO, Jose Luis Garza, the decision to open this flight was taken because the two Mexican destinations with the highest number of visitors worldwide are, precisely, Cancun and Riviera Maya.
Garza said that, during the first seven months of 2014, theCancun International Airport received almost 4 million international tourists, representing an increase of 8.4% against those reported in the same period last year.
The detailed report of such increase during the season goes as follows:
-An 11.6% increase in US tourists, representing a total of 1 million 882,000 tourists.
-A 5.7% increase of French visitors.
-A 4.5% increase of English visitors.
However, the most significant increase in tourist passengers came in fact from Russia, since there was a registered 38.3% growth of Russian visitors into the Cancun International Airport!
Interjet also announced that this new direct flight from Miami into Cancun will be $255 USD, and passengers may travel with such airfare from December 18th 2014 to January 4th 2015.
Interjet's announcement adds to other flights disclosed in recent weeks by other Mexican low-cost carriers, which will connect Cancun to important points of the United States, such as Houston and Las Vegas.
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany
- First ladies speak out on Trump separation policy
- Women sustain half of Mexico’s economy but earn crippling wages
- Dunkin' Donuts to reach 100 stores in Mexico thanks to millennials