Irish tourism in Mexico
Mexico and Ireland have always kept a very stretch relation. Last year, this particular bond was strengthened, with the signing of new alliances among both nations
During the month of October of the previous year 2013, the President of Ireland Mr. Michael D. Higgins was received with arms wide open in Mexico’s Presidential Residence, where he was welcome by the federal leader and his wife with a delicious dinner. Amid such encounter, important conversations and issues were addressed, particularly in relation to the stretch bond between both nations.
One of the main issues addressed is about increasing Mexican investments into Ireland. Moreover, seven working agreements were signed, which include the participation of several Mexican companies in different sectors of the field, such as the pharmaceutical, educational, and space and air development. Both federal leaders also witnessed the signing of working agreements between two airlines, in order to increase the number of aircrafts and routes among both parties.
The strengthening of bonds among both nations is an on-going labor, which was emphasized during the opening of the Holiday World Show, where the Mexico Tourism Board informed that about 16,000 Irish tourists visited Mexico during the year 2012, which is 18.6% more than previous years.
Mr. Carlos Garcia Alba stated that Irish residents are very eager to visit Mexico, nonetheless there needs to be a strategy oriented toward this particular market, so the number of Irish visitors increases by the end of this year. The most popular destinations for this particular market are Cancun, Riviera Maya, Mexico City and Los Cabos;nonetheless with new advertising strategies being introduced, the nation is seeking to attract more tourists toward other areas of Mexico like Riviera Nayarit and Yucatan.
These strategies may be designed to capture the attention of more visitors by showing off Mexico’s rich and vast culture, traditions and colors, which are the main attractions that Irish travelers consider when about to embark upon a journey anywhere in the world.
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany
- First ladies speak out on Trump separation policy
- Women sustain half of Mexico’s economy but earn crippling wages
- Dunkin' Donuts to reach 100 stores in Mexico thanks to millennials