Jalisco the next host of the 41st edition of Tianguis Turístico MéxicoBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
Acapulco closes with high expectations.
As part of the closing ceremony of the 40th edition of Tianguis Turístico México, Minister of Tourism, Claudia Ruiz Massieu, presided over the torch-passing for the next venue of this event which will be hosted in Guadalajara next year.
Amid cheers and mariachi music, the state governor of Jalisco, Aristoteles Sandoval, received the assignment to host the next Tianguis from the Ministry of Tourism and state governor of Guerrero, Rogelio Ortega. Governor Sandoval stated that the next edition would exceed expectations.
Before the torch passing ceremony, governor Ortega said that the people from Guerrero were very happy to host the Tianguis again, seeing how Acapulco is the place where the first edition took place. At the same time, he highlighted how the city’s capacity to host international events such as this, despite tough times in the past years.
The Minister of Tourism expressed her trust that sales results – which will be announced during the course of the day – will be absolutely positive. Remembering the words of President Enrique Peña Nieto, this year’s edition received an important number of international attendees, including wholesalers from the Middle East.
Meanwhile, Minister Massieu stated that Guadalajara was chosen as the next venue of this important encounter because of its connectivity and infrastructure, as well as its leading status as a destination for groups and conferences travel. She added that Guadalajara has been the host of the World Tourism Day as well as the 16th edition of the Pan-American Games.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany