Jalisco the next host of the 41st edition of Tianguis Turístico MéxicoBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
Acapulco closes with high expectations.
As part of the closing ceremony of the 40th edition of Tianguis Turístico México, Minister of Tourism, Claudia Ruiz Massieu, presided over the torch-passing for the next venue of this event which will be hosted in Guadalajara next year.
Amid cheers and mariachi music, the state governor of Jalisco, Aristoteles Sandoval, received the assignment to host the next Tianguis from the Ministry of Tourism and state governor of Guerrero, Rogelio Ortega. Governor Sandoval stated that the next edition would exceed expectations.
Before the torch passing ceremony, governor Ortega said that the people from Guerrero were very happy to host the Tianguis again, seeing how Acapulco is the place where the first edition took place. At the same time, he highlighted how the city’s capacity to host international events such as this, despite tough times in the past years.
The Minister of Tourism expressed her trust that sales results – which will be announced during the course of the day – will be absolutely positive. Remembering the words of President Enrique Peña Nieto, this year’s edition received an important number of international attendees, including wholesalers from the Middle East.
Meanwhile, Minister Massieu stated that Guadalajara was chosen as the next venue of this important encounter because of its connectivity and infrastructure, as well as its leading status as a destination for groups and conferences travel. She added that Guadalajara has been the host of the World Tourism Day as well as the 16th edition of the Pan-American Games.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California