Japanese Population Grows 400% in GuanajuatoBy Elliot Bullman
The installation of industries originating in Japan in the last four years has quadrupled the Japanese presence; Today 2,400 people live in Mexico, said consul Yasuiza Suzuki.
The Japanese population in the state of Guanajuato has grown 400 percent over the last four years. Currently 2400 Japanese live in the municipality of Leon, most of them working in companies in the automotive sector.
Yasuiza Suzuki, consul general of Japan in Leon, reported that Salamanca, Celaya and Leon are the municipalities that have the largest number of Japanese.
He stressed that there many are still to arrive with companies supplying manufacturers in the rubber, aluminium and steel sector.
He said, "so far the Japanese citizens living in León are 700, in Guanajuato are 2400. We hope not to disturb Mexican citizens and be discreet because over the past three or four years residency has quadrupled."
They invest in Mexico because in Japan they are already a very mature country. There are fewer people, and managers have to return to go to other countries for other jobs, so positions will open up for Mexicans," he said.
In these four years, he said, 230 companies have been installed in Mexico and in the next ten years it will be a haven for engineers in the automotive industry for the region.
He stressed that most of the companies in the sector have settled, only missing some suppliers of Toyota and Nissan in Aguascalientes, which will arrive in Mexico this year.
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"
- iPhones Pose Suicide Risk to Teenagers, Apple Investors Warn
- By ‘eck, the 34-year-old founder of Spotify, could be worth billions this year!
- Oprah Winfrey – Will she or won’t she run for the US Presidency in 2020?