The Cancun International Marathon beat record!
Cancun International Marathon:The second oldest in Mexico.
For the second time, Erick Mose Monyenye triumphed and won the 30th edition of the Cancun International Marathon, turning him into the first athlete to conquer this challenge twice in a row!
Families, tourists and sport lovers gathered on Saturday December 6th at Malecon Tajamar to be part of the festivities for the 30th anniversary of the Cancun International Marathon –the second oldest in Mexico-.
The Cancun International Marathon featured 3 different kinds of races: 5km, 21km and 42km. Hundreds participated in the 5km, from youngsters, children, adults and even babies (pushed by their parents on strollers, of course!). The winners of the 5km race were: Javier Palacios and Ana Martin.
For the 21 kilometers race, things turned a bit more competitive and the standards were raised. Competitors were more than ready and decided to endure through this half marathon and prove their strength, stamina and resistance!
The first one to finish the race was the Kenyan athlete Martin Matindi, who completed the task in 1 hour and 9 minutes. The first woman to cross the finish line was Araceli Ordaz from the State of Mexico.
People stood outside the Malecon Tajamar and in different points of the Hotel Zone to cheer competitors along and motivate them toward the finish line… It was definitely a strong challenge for athletes since the weather was too hot! For those who weren’t participating in the marathon, the Cancun Institute of Sport organized different activities to promote a healthy lifestyle.
Two hours, 28 minutes and 12 seconds later, Erick Mose Moyenye was the first one to cross the finish line, breaking the Marathon record! Behind him were his compatriots Peter Lemayian and Mark Kipkosgei. With this, Kenya made the 1st, 2nd and 3rd position at the marathon.
On the other hand the women’s competition was a hard one. The first place was for Genoveva Jelagat, the second for Hyvon Ngetich and the third for Moriti Phillies, all of them from Kenya.
With this staggering record and the participation of 2,000 competitors, the International Marathon of Cancun celebrated its 30th edition… A year that will be remembered as one of the best in the history of this sporting event.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California