Long weekend in paradise!
This weekend in Mexico is the year’s second holiday weekend, due to the commemorating the birth of Benito Juarez, politician and former Mexican president considered to be one of the greatest figure in Mexico’s history.
A holiday weekend is what others know as long weekend and it is usually given to commemorate an important historical or cultural date. During those days people may often take a chance to escape daily routine and the stress of big cities, reason why beach destinations are usually the place to go and enjoy these extra days off.
For its incredible service and endless fun, Cancun has become one of the favorite destinations to vacation, relax and off course enjoy the long weekend or holiday weekend.
The Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau informed that the majority of hotels located along the hotel zone are already up to 90% occupancy rate, even some of them have reported to have oversold for the dates between the 14th and the 17th of March.
The Ministry of Tourism of Quintana Roo has informed that a 2.7% increase is expected, in regard to visitors from USA, Canada and some Latin-American countries. The Cancun International Airport estimates an increase of up to 10% in arrivals.
These numbers not only represent significant profits for the destination, they also indicate Cancun’s great popularity among young people, given that the destination is well known for its never-ending parties, exclusive events and relaxation.
Visitors find in the city an unparalleled quantity of things to do and experiences, which go from sporting activities up to the most exclusive gourmet experiences. During those days many restaurants, bars and nightclubs will focus on the organization of St. Patrick’s Day themed parties and events.
This date will merge Spring Break celebrations, St. Patrick’s Day and the celebration for the 21st of March (the birth of Benito Juarez) bringing together traditions form 3 different countries transforming this city to a true party in paradise.
We suggest you make a budget plan, because being a national holiday, banks do not work on Monday and we don’t want you missing out on the celebrations.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany