Los Cabos Overcomes Hurricane Odile!By Fernanda Duque Hernández
New air connections and more rooms for 2015.
The Minister of Tourism of Baja California Sur, Ruben Reachi Lugo, and the Director of Los Cabos´ Hotel Association, Enrique Turcott, announced that this destination has finally overcome the effects of Odile, the hurricane that hit this Mexican destination last year.
Despite structural damage, Los Cabos reported its highest occupancy records in the last month of the 2014. Over 80% of all hotel rooms were booked by that time, a trend which continued onto January and February 2015, when occupancy reached 95%.
Turcott stated that this year important resorts would be setting up shop in Los Cabos. Among them: Marriott, Hard Rock Hotel and the Ritz-Carlton, which collectively would add 2000 more rooms to this destination.
In regards to connectivity, Los Cabos holds second place as the city with most air traffic in Mexico, just behind Cancun. A new Delta Airlines flight route from Seattle to Los Cabos and a United Airlines route from Washington D.C was also announced.
Delta Airlines will also be opening routes from Cabo to New York and San Diego. The company will also add more seats to its flight routes from Los Cabos to Minneapolis, Salt Lake City and Atlanta.
Added to this is the addition of a Southwest Airlines route from Los Cabos to Baltimore and an Alaska Airlines route to Orange County this 2015.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California