An App for Finding Blood Donors
Matchblood, the Tinder ofblood donors.
It’s a fact that today most of our needs can be solved with our smartphones. We’ve got food, organizers, airfare, society, and romance apps, just to mention a few of them, and the possibilities increase with every passing day. Little by little we’re finding fast solutions like Matchblood, an app that is still on a prototype stage, developed by a group of young Mexicans.
Matchblood serves one purpose: Turning into the largest network of blood donators in the border city of Tijuana (where it was created), and then be introduced in the whole country.
Blood banks are always lacking donators; it’s very complicated to find the right kind of blood that matches. Sometimes, the line between life and death can be a matter of time, and normally the only and easiest way to find donators is on social networks.
This app will provide the opportunity to create a fast link, making the most of connectivity, through a network of donators. In addition, Matchblood will create awareness in people about the importance of donating blood.
Matchblood will be available for both, iOS and Android platforms, and those interested on helping others will receive a notification on their mobile devices. The donators’ personal information will remain anonymous at all times, but they will know which blood bank they must attend to and then will be able to contact the solicitant.
Make the most of technology and help save lives with Matchblood... Who knows? Maybe someday you could be the one who needs it.
- Southwest Airlines inaugurates new international route to Cancun from New Orleans
- The Federal Aviation Administration has ordered airlines to inspect certain older CFM56-7B turbofan engines.
- North Korea 'halts missile and nuclear tests', says Kim Jong-un
- Frida Kahlo Barbie doll banned from shop shelves in Mexico
- NAFTA meeting on tap; Mexico doesn’t want to be used to elude US tariffs
- Mexico is second on world’s best places to retire list
- New video editing trend could be the future of ´fake news'
- Trump says North Korea talks under way but he may not meet Kim Jong-un
- Mexico’s candidates are avoiding talking about the elephant in the room: Pensions
- Elon Musk just sank more than $100 million into The Boring Company
- Netflix is soaring after it crushed subscriber growth targets yet again
- Starbucks: Protesters call for boycott after black men arrested