The Maya World: A National Tourist Product
The latest news in the 12th edition of the National Tourism Forum in Merida, Yucatan
During the 12th edition of the National Tourism Forum in Merida, Yucatan, the Minister of Tourism Ms. Claudia Ruiz Massieu participated in the Presente y Futuro del Mundo Maya (Present and Future of the Maya World) working table. This party consisted of several deputy leaders gathering to discuss the future of the Maya World initiative, including the participation of government offices from Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatan and Quintana Roo.
The Maya World Program was created to unite those states and entities that make up the entire Maya territory, in order to offer a whole tourist product, instead of separate experiences. It’s a union that means to turn into a strong brand and tourist experience in the future.
The Maya World Program was created during the former president of Mexico Felipe Calderon’s administration. It is made up with the following states: Tabasco, Chiapas, Campeche, Yucatan and Quintana Roo; and new alliances have been concreted with some Central American countries like Honduras, Belize, Guatemala and El Salvador. Let’s not forget that Maya territory would extend over all these nations, and even more!
The Maya world pretends also to preserve and encourage the area’s sustainability while promoting the quality and excellence of tourist services and products, as well as coordinating advertising actions among the different states involved in the initiative.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California