The Maya World: A National Tourist Product
The latest news in the 12th edition of the National Tourism Forum in Merida, Yucatan
During the 12th edition of the National Tourism Forum in Merida, Yucatan, the Minister of Tourism Ms. Claudia Ruiz Massieu participated in the Presente y Futuro del Mundo Maya (Present and Future of the Maya World) working table. This party consisted of several deputy leaders gathering to discuss the future of the Maya World initiative, including the participation of government offices from Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatan and Quintana Roo.
The Maya World Program was created to unite those states and entities that make up the entire Maya territory, in order to offer a whole tourist product, instead of separate experiences. It’s a union that means to turn into a strong brand and tourist experience in the future.
The Maya World Program was created during the former president of Mexico Felipe Calderon’s administration. It is made up with the following states: Tabasco, Chiapas, Campeche, Yucatan and Quintana Roo; and new alliances have been concreted with some Central American countries like Honduras, Belize, Guatemala and El Salvador. Let’s not forget that Maya territory would extend over all these nations, and even more!
The Maya world pretends also to preserve and encourage the area’s sustainability while promoting the quality and excellence of tourist services and products, as well as coordinating advertising actions among the different states involved in the initiative.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany