The Maya World: A National Tourist Product
The latest news in the 12th edition of the National Tourism Forum in Merida, Yucatan
During the 12th edition of the National Tourism Forum in Merida, Yucatan, the Minister of Tourism Ms. Claudia Ruiz Massieu participated in the Presente y Futuro del Mundo Maya (Present and Future of the Maya World) working table. This party consisted of several deputy leaders gathering to discuss the future of the Maya World initiative, including the participation of government offices from Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatan and Quintana Roo.
The Maya World Program was created to unite those states and entities that make up the entire Maya territory, in order to offer a whole tourist product, instead of separate experiences. It’s a union that means to turn into a strong brand and tourist experience in the future.
The Maya World Program was created during the former president of Mexico Felipe Calderon’s administration. It is made up with the following states: Tabasco, Chiapas, Campeche, Yucatan and Quintana Roo; and new alliances have been concreted with some Central American countries like Honduras, Belize, Guatemala and El Salvador. Let’s not forget that Maya territory would extend over all these nations, and even more!
The Maya world pretends also to preserve and encourage the area’s sustainability while promoting the quality and excellence of tourist services and products, as well as coordinating advertising actions among the different states involved in the initiative.
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"