Meade confirms second “gasolinazo” for FebruaryBy Elliot Bullman
The Secretary of Finance and Public Credit, José Antonio Meade Kuribreña, confirmed that on February 4th there will be a new price increase for gasoline in the country, although not of the same magnitude as the one of January.
"This was a very important adjustment that reflected two conditions that were very unusual, the first was a very significant increase in the price of oil. For eight years OPEC member nations had not agreed on a cut in production, which meant an increase in the price of oil of just over 20% in the last quarter of the year," he told Radio Formula.
Meade said that the current price of gasoline will be in force until February 3rd and that no increases are going to be recorded prior to that date.
"The variables that were present before, are not present today. The exchange rate is not as volatile as we saw in December, but we will have to wait and see about how this volatility translates," said the federal official.
February marks the second petrolazo of the year, since there is a rise in the price of the international reference with which determines the current price formula of the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP).
"Starting February 3rd, based on the current formula for the determination of the maximum prices, we anticipate an additional increase of gasoline prices of 8%, compared to January of this year," he said.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California