Meetings Mean BusinessBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
The incentive and meetings industry of Mexico.
Mexico is a great place for the meeting and incentive industry, according to Executive Vice President Cathy Breden, of the International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) during an interview with México News Network at an event hosted by the Society for Incentive Travel Excellence (SITE), Mexico chapter.
The executive is currently visiting to be part of the announcement of the first event of Meeting Professionals International (MPI) on April 16th in the city of Mérida. Managers from Canada, United States and Mexico will attend this congress to discuss the importance of the incentive and meeting sector in the tourism industry.
According to Breden, Mexico holds great potential in this sector, even more that the United States or Canada because of its promotion strategies. Each year, around 197,400 congress and conventions were hosted Mexico, with a 23 million assistants and a US $32.5 million in profits.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany