Meetings Mean BusinessBy Fernanda Duque Hernández
The incentive and meetings industry of Mexico.
Mexico is a great place for the meeting and incentive industry, according to Executive Vice President Cathy Breden, of the International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) during an interview with México News Network at an event hosted by the Society for Incentive Travel Excellence (SITE), Mexico chapter.
The executive is currently visiting to be part of the announcement of the first event of Meeting Professionals International (MPI) on April 16th in the city of Mérida. Managers from Canada, United States and Mexico will attend this congress to discuss the importance of the incentive and meeting sector in the tourism industry.
According to Breden, Mexico holds great potential in this sector, even more that the United States or Canada because of its promotion strategies. Each year, around 197,400 congress and conventions were hosted Mexico, with a 23 million assistants and a US $32.5 million in profits.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California