Mexican company, finalist in The VentureBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
The Optic Group Ich project is within the 27 finalists of the world.
The Scottish company, Chivas Regal, is currently sponsoring the event The Venture, which aims to find the best project of social entrepreneurship in the world.
The contest seeks to reward and support those who want to generate a positive impact on society through their Startups, and Mexican Roberto Alvarado, is participating with his project Optic Group Ich.
According to its website, Grupo Optical Ich is the only eco-friendly Mexican company producing lense frames, and its mission is to create the best experience in the use of corrective and solar lenses with avant-garde models, at lower cost and with the active participation of the partners.
27 start-ups are those that were selected to participate for a portion of the one million dollars prize, and each of them relies on business to create a positive change in the world.
Alvarado's project focuses on the manufacture of frames made from recycled PET material (plastic polymer), a material that helps developframes at a very low cost, but at the same time very resistant, a product that will help those in need of optical frames,but do not have the resources.
Optic Group Ich also donates a large amount of its winnings to children and families who can not afford a frame, making them able to have access to this essential item.
To learn more about the project can you can enter the website www.grupoich.weebly.com
And to meet all the finalists of The Venture you can visit the page www.theventure.com
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California