Mexican Launches his own 'Netflix'By Elliot Bullman
This new streaming platform, which started operating last Friday, offers independent films and series from Mexico and the United States.
GCFLIX a new streaming platform created by a Mexican has been launched to compete in the market of content on demand. Created by Mexican actor Guillermo Dueñas Lazcano, GCFLIX offers independent series and films in Mexico and the United States.
"The distribution of independent national cinema is very complex, not only in Mexico but in the world, because you do not belong to any studio and sometimes they are creators that produce something of great value. That is why we decided to create a first digital platform for high quality content in the world ", said Dueñas Lazcano to El Financiero.
The launch of GCFLIX, whose service in Mexico costs only 69 pesos per month, includes three series and four own and independent films. In addition, the launch is ready for March 2018 in the United States, where the platform will cost $ 4.99 per month.
Although the platform searched for a year and a half to get the capital in Mexico to start the project, it was in the United States where it found investors.
The startup required an investment of 1.2 million dollars in its first stage, in addition to a smaller amount to carry out its own productions.
During the first year, in Mexico and the United States they intend to reach a minimum of 250 thousand subscribers, and in a more optimistic scenario, reach up to 500 thousand.
The next stage of the project aims to expand to other countries in Latin America and later to Europe, regions in which it is also intended to make an exchange of content.
According to the entrepreneur, around 80 percent of the content that receives the Oscar or Golden Globe award has its origin in the independent world, which is later captured by studies.
However, he said, there are independent high quality projects that do not find distribution.
Going forward, GCFLIX will seek to implement interactivity with the audience.
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"
- iPhones Pose Suicide Risk to Teenagers, Apple Investors Warn
- By ‘eck, the 34-year-old founder of Spotify, could be worth billions this year!
- Oprah Winfrey – Will she or won’t she run for the US Presidency in 2020?