Mexican mural stands out at World Congress in BerlinBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
Bianca Monroy, it´s a 38 year-old Mexican woman, who recently painted a mural in a five-star hotel in Berlin.
The Mural has become the symbol and the logo of the World Congress that takes place between two major international consortia of aviation, Lufhtansa and the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
The artist has nine years living in Berlin, and the mural was requested by Lufthansa with the goal of becoming welcome icon from the German airline to the 500 large shareholders and CEO's of the international aviation cargo companies that participated in theCongress.
The mural will be displayed later in Frankfurt, the place where the German company has its international headquarters, and they also had five thousand postcards made withthe image of the mural in order to be used anywhere where the Lufhtansa Cargo is.
IATA and Lufhtansa also used the mural of Monroy as business card of the Congress, which was placed in the gift that was given to the 500 presidents and major shareholders of the consortia participants.
Monroy said in an interview with Notimex, that for her, the Mexican portion of the mural is in the contrast of colors, the joy, intensity and passion that characterizes the country as a culture. For her, hot pink and turquoise blue are colors that remind her of her origin, her land, the place where she grew up, and are elements that evoke the joy and zest for life.
This is not the first time Lufhtansa invites Bianca Monroy to work with them, as last year, the artist painted a picture that was used as a business card and greetings for the 125th anniversary of the shipping freight consortium, the Swiss Kühne & Nagel, who works with Lufhtansa Cargo.
The Mexican artist is also involved in other projects, such as the one carried out in Berlin's district of Pankow, a project focused on the migration issue, which aims to help children and young refugees integrate in Germany, and whose logo is a painting of Monroy.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany