Mexican tech unicorns inspire the creation of startupsBy Elliot Bullman
Kio Networks and Softekk top the list of Mexico´s Unicorn tech companies.
Softtek, Alestra, Neoris, Price Travel and KIO Networks are five success stories of technology companies that, besides being leaders in their domestic sectors in Mexico, they have also managed to cross borders and today provide inspiration for more Mexican startups.
These top 5 Mexican technology companies compete in a market with a value of 3.5 trillion dollars, according to data from Gartner.
Kio Networks and Softtek are global providers of software and other information technology services. Alestra offers telecommunications and IT solutions to both domestic and foreign companies in more than 23 countries.
Meanwhile Neoris is a leader in IT consulting and is the second most important firm in Latin America. Price Travel, is Mexico´s largest online travel agency and currently books more than 60 million trips a year.
Combined, this pool of companies employs more than 14 thousand people globally.
These business success stories come from the first generation of technological entrepreneurs in Mexico, who are the inspiration for today´s Mexican startups.
- US moves to block AT&T's takeover of Time Warner
- Uber Paid Hackers $100,000 for Silence On Cyberattack That Exposed 57 Million People's Data
- Minimum salary will rise 8.32 pesos in December
- Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe resigns after 4 decades as leader.
- More than half of the digital native media in Mexico has suffered cyber attacks
- Vicente Fox warns Trudeau not to be 'Judas' on Nafta
- REITS unharmed and even strengthened from the 'Trump storm'
- Tesla unveils first battery powered truck
- US game maker launches stunt to snarl plans for border wall with Mexico
- Bajío, a clear example of Mexico´s digital transformation
- Most Millennials are Faring Worse than their Parents: Study
- Mexico prepares macroeconomic contingency plan in case NAFTA talks breakdown