Mexican tech unicorns inspire the creation of startupsBy Elliot Bullman
Kio Networks and Softekk top the list of Mexico´s Unicorn tech companies.
Softtek, Alestra, Neoris, Price Travel and KIO Networks are five success stories of technology companies that, besides being leaders in their domestic sectors in Mexico, they have also managed to cross borders and today provide inspiration for more Mexican startups.
These top 5 Mexican technology companies compete in a market with a value of 3.5 trillion dollars, according to data from Gartner.
Kio Networks and Softtek are global providers of software and other information technology services. Alestra offers telecommunications and IT solutions to both domestic and foreign companies in more than 23 countries.
Meanwhile Neoris is a leader in IT consulting and is the second most important firm in Latin America. Price Travel, is Mexico´s largest online travel agency and currently books more than 60 million trips a year.
Combined, this pool of companies employs more than 14 thousand people globally.
These business success stories come from the first generation of technological entrepreneurs in Mexico, who are the inspiration for today´s Mexican startups.
- Theatrical producer hires Mexican deportees
- Mexico and Denmark sign Joint Commerce Declaration
- Mexican tech unicorns inspire the creation of startups
- Mexico and Japan use technology to measure seismic breach of Guerrero
- Mexico, US and Canada set to submit joint bid to host 2026 World Cup
- Mexican Auto Industry Sets Export Records in March
- Chinese automaker eyes plants in two Mexican states
- E-commerce doubles in Mexico in one year: IAB
- France Sees Opportunity for Business Expansion in Mexico
- Mexico says new EU trade deal is 'paramount'
- Banxico increases interest rate to 6.50%
- Mexico achieves February trade surplus