Mexican tech unicorns inspire the creation of startupsBy Elliot Bullman
Kio Networks and Softekk top the list of Mexico´s Unicorn tech companies.
Softtek, Alestra, Neoris, Price Travel and KIO Networks are five success stories of technology companies that, besides being leaders in their domestic sectors in Mexico, they have also managed to cross borders and today provide inspiration for more Mexican startups.
These top 5 Mexican technology companies compete in a market with a value of 3.5 trillion dollars, according to data from Gartner.
Kio Networks and Softtek are global providers of software and other information technology services. Alestra offers telecommunications and IT solutions to both domestic and foreign companies in more than 23 countries.
Meanwhile Neoris is a leader in IT consulting and is the second most important firm in Latin America. Price Travel, is Mexico´s largest online travel agency and currently books more than 60 million trips a year.
Combined, this pool of companies employs more than 14 thousand people globally.
These business success stories come from the first generation of technological entrepreneurs in Mexico, who are the inspiration for today´s Mexican startups.
- The final curtain call for the Ringling Bros. circus
- MD Elektronik Mexicana, a company with German capital, arrives in León
- Mexico’s Grupo Lala is lead bidder for Danone’s Stonyfield Farm
- IMF ratifies flexible credit line for $86 billion for Mexico
- Nissan breaks sales record in Mexico
- British Petroleum expects to grow its investment in Mexico´s energy sector
- Shell and Exxonmobil to open gas stations this year in Mexico
- 29 countries to support China on the Silk Road
- Nissan's 'Godzilla' arrives in Mexico
- Hybrids are hot in Mexico
- General Electric backs NAFTA and voices support for Mexico
- Mexico's Secretary of Foreign Affairs keen to start NAFTA talks in U.S.