Mexican tech unicorns inspire the creation of startupsBy Elliot Bullman
Kio Networks and Softekk top the list of Mexico´s Unicorn tech companies.
Softtek, Alestra, Neoris, Price Travel and KIO Networks are five success stories of technology companies that, besides being leaders in their domestic sectors in Mexico, they have also managed to cross borders and today provide inspiration for more Mexican startups.
These top 5 Mexican technology companies compete in a market with a value of 3.5 trillion dollars, according to data from Gartner.
Kio Networks and Softtek are global providers of software and other information technology services. Alestra offers telecommunications and IT solutions to both domestic and foreign companies in more than 23 countries.
Meanwhile Neoris is a leader in IT consulting and is the second most important firm in Latin America. Price Travel, is Mexico´s largest online travel agency and currently books more than 60 million trips a year.
Combined, this pool of companies employs more than 14 thousand people globally.
These business success stories come from the first generation of technological entrepreneurs in Mexico, who are the inspiration for today´s Mexican startups.
- US Sports stars round on US president
- At least 16 nations rally to Mexico’s aid
- Political parties will donate electoral budget to earthquake victims
- Corruption and impunity, the biggest challenge for 2018
- CDMX toughens rules for transport apps; goodbye to Uberpool
- At least 217 dead after powerful earthquake hits central Mexico
- The surprising change of mood in 2017
- Hurricane 'Irma' will cause more cruise demand for Mexico
- Merida, Yucatan fast becoming an industrial powerhouse
- Manpower predicts biggest recruitment surge in Mexico for 20 years
- 676,241 formal jobs are created between January and August 2017
- Apple suffers 'major iPhone X leak'