Mexican tech unicorns inspire the creation of startupsBy Elliot Bullman
Kio Networks and Softekk top the list of Mexico´s Unicorn tech companies.
Softtek, Alestra, Neoris, Price Travel and KIO Networks are five success stories of technology companies that, besides being leaders in their domestic sectors in Mexico, they have also managed to cross borders and today provide inspiration for more Mexican startups.
These top 5 Mexican technology companies compete in a market with a value of 3.5 trillion dollars, according to data from Gartner.
Kio Networks and Softtek are global providers of software and other information technology services. Alestra offers telecommunications and IT solutions to both domestic and foreign companies in more than 23 countries.
Meanwhile Neoris is a leader in IT consulting and is the second most important firm in Latin America. Price Travel, is Mexico´s largest online travel agency and currently books more than 60 million trips a year.
Combined, this pool of companies employs more than 14 thousand people globally.
These business success stories come from the first generation of technological entrepreneurs in Mexico, who are the inspiration for today´s Mexican startups.
- Mexico will become the 7th world market for solar energy
- The richest Latino in the U.S. arrives in Mexico with realty projects worth $2bn
- SkyAlert App can save lives in an earthquake
- Artificial Intelligence is Transforming Mexico’s Financial Sector
- Mexico’s IRS Chief Evaluates Blacklisting the United States as a Tax Haven (REFIPRE)
- America's Passion for Guns: Ownership and Violence by the Numbers
- US Breaks Ground on New Embassy in Mexican Capital
- Cape Town Drought Declared a 'National Disaster'
- Canada and the U.S Exchange Criticism Amid Rising Tensions over NAFTA Negotiations
- Oxfam: Deputy Resigns Over Sex Claims Amid Crisis Talks
- Trump's Infrastructure Blueprint Labelled a 'Scam'
- Mexico Leads OECD Nations in Reducing Mobile Interconnection Rates