Mexican tech unicorns inspire the creation of startupsBy Elliot Bullman
Kio Networks and Softekk top the list of Mexico´s Unicorn tech companies.
Softtek, Alestra, Neoris, Price Travel and KIO Networks are five success stories of technology companies that, besides being leaders in their domestic sectors in Mexico, they have also managed to cross borders and today provide inspiration for more Mexican startups.
These top 5 Mexican technology companies compete in a market with a value of 3.5 trillion dollars, according to data from Gartner.
Kio Networks and Softtek are global providers of software and other information technology services. Alestra offers telecommunications and IT solutions to both domestic and foreign companies in more than 23 countries.
Meanwhile Neoris is a leader in IT consulting and is the second most important firm in Latin America. Price Travel, is Mexico´s largest online travel agency and currently books more than 60 million trips a year.
Combined, this pool of companies employs more than 14 thousand people globally.
These business success stories come from the first generation of technological entrepreneurs in Mexico, who are the inspiration for today´s Mexican startups.
- New oilfield found in the Gulf of Mexico
- What changes does the new SAT invoice have?
- Reducing deficits and recovering jobs, US goals in NAFTA
- Cancun, Acapulco and Los Cabos will have Tourist Police
- Trump is running out of options to deal with north korea
- China and Germany cover the leadership vacuum left by the United States
- UNESCO will add places to the World Heritage Sites list
- OECD sees pension collapse in Mexico within five years
- Buffett's masterpiece will make him Bank of America largest shareholder
- Pacific Alliance could be an alternative to TPP
- Mexican astrophysicist receives recognition from Queen Elizabeth II
- The obstacles facing Trump's solar wall