Mexico will have its own “911” emergency number soonBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
The National Information Center (CNI) announced that this year will begin operating the 911 emergency number in Mexico.
Guillermo del Rio, deputy general manager of the CNI, made the announcement on the first anniversary of the "Nos Importa México” (Lit. We Care About Mexico) program, and explained that the Federal Telecommunications Institute (IFT) held a series of meetings with operators where the parameters were established to implement an exclusive emergency responsenumber in the country.
The work plan was finalized in April this year, and now they are working in the development and implementation of this new exlusive number that will certainly help facilitate the reception and response to emergency calls in the country.
From January to March of the present year, emergency numbers have received approximately 8 million inadequate calls, so they are working on a legislation to help prevent such cases.
Gabriel Contreras, president of the IFT, said during the meeting that the guidelines of collaboration with justice foresee a specific timetable of actions through which they will ensure that the implementation of 911 is given to the most appropriate way.
There is still routing and numbering matrix work to perform, however they will continue to hold meetings with operators so that the process can be done in a coordinated manner.
Finally, according to the executive secretary of the National System of Public Security, the new exlusive emergency number will be implemented by regions, in order to observe the responsiveness according to each area.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation