Mexico's brand leaders are worth over 418 billion pesosBy Elliot Bullman
Key growth sectors are telecoms, IT, retail food and beverages
Interbrand´s study "Best Mexican Brands 2017" has revealed that Corona beer, valued at 84.1 billion pesos, is Mexico´s highest valued brand.
In second place was the cellular company Telcel, worth 60.8 billion pesos, followed by Oxxo, valued at 43.8 billion pesos and Telmex, with 38.6 billion pesos.
Also, six new companies were added to the list: Lala, Bachoco, Volaris, Ban Regio, Rotoplas and Nutrisa.
To generate the national ranking, Interbrand analysed 25 brands, which together exceed 418.72 billion pesos this year.
In terms of value by industry sector, the telecommunications and IT sector led the ranking, with a combined value of 99.5 billion pesos and was represented by Telcel and Telmex. The second highest valued sector is the beverage industry, where Corona and El Jimador are the brand leaders totalling 89.5 billion pesos.
The retail sector - which includes companies specialized in mass marketing of products and services, such as Oxxo, Bodega Aurrera, Liverpool, Superama, Suburbia, Sanborns and Nutrisa, was ranked third with 83billion pesos.
Gonzalo Brujó CEO of Interbrand commented that, “Mexican brands do not understand borders, and are making efforts to innovate and leave their comfort zone, to continue to grow in direct benefit of the growth of their businesses”.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California