Mexico's brand leaders are worth over 418 billion pesosBy Elliot Bullman
Key growth sectors are telecoms, IT, retail food and beverages
Interbrand´s study "Best Mexican Brands 2017" has revealed that Corona beer, valued at 84.1 billion pesos, is Mexico´s highest valued brand.
In second place was the cellular company Telcel, worth 60.8 billion pesos, followed by Oxxo, valued at 43.8 billion pesos and Telmex, with 38.6 billion pesos.
Also, six new companies were added to the list: Lala, Bachoco, Volaris, Ban Regio, Rotoplas and Nutrisa.
To generate the national ranking, Interbrand analysed 25 brands, which together exceed 418.72 billion pesos this year.
In terms of value by industry sector, the telecommunications and IT sector led the ranking, with a combined value of 99.5 billion pesos and was represented by Telcel and Telmex. The second highest valued sector is the beverage industry, where Corona and El Jimador are the brand leaders totalling 89.5 billion pesos.
The retail sector - which includes companies specialized in mass marketing of products and services, such as Oxxo, Bodega Aurrera, Liverpool, Superama, Suburbia, Sanborns and Nutrisa, was ranked third with 83billion pesos.
Gonzalo Brujó CEO of Interbrand commented that, “Mexican brands do not understand borders, and are making efforts to innovate and leave their comfort zone, to continue to grow in direct benefit of the growth of their businesses”.
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation
- US Weather Disasters Cost Record $306 Bn. Dollars in 2017
- CES 2018: "E-Sports will be the most watched and played sport in the next decade"
- iPhones Pose Suicide Risk to Teenagers, Apple Investors Warn
- By ‘eck, the 34-year-old founder of Spotify, could be worth billions this year!
- Oprah Winfrey – Will she or won’t she run for the US Presidency in 2020?