Mexico's brand leaders are worth over 418 billion pesosBy Elliot Bullman
Key growth sectors are telecoms, IT, retail food and beverages
Interbrand´s study "Best Mexican Brands 2017" has revealed that Corona beer, valued at 84.1 billion pesos, is Mexico´s highest valued brand.
In second place was the cellular company Telcel, worth 60.8 billion pesos, followed by Oxxo, valued at 43.8 billion pesos and Telmex, with 38.6 billion pesos.
Also, six new companies were added to the list: Lala, Bachoco, Volaris, Ban Regio, Rotoplas and Nutrisa.
To generate the national ranking, Interbrand analysed 25 brands, which together exceed 418.72 billion pesos this year.
In terms of value by industry sector, the telecommunications and IT sector led the ranking, with a combined value of 99.5 billion pesos and was represented by Telcel and Telmex. The second highest valued sector is the beverage industry, where Corona and El Jimador are the brand leaders totalling 89.5 billion pesos.
The retail sector - which includes companies specialized in mass marketing of products and services, such as Oxxo, Bodega Aurrera, Liverpool, Superama, Suburbia, Sanborns and Nutrisa, was ranked third with 83billion pesos.
Gonzalo Brujó CEO of Interbrand commented that, “Mexican brands do not understand borders, and are making efforts to innovate and leave their comfort zone, to continue to grow in direct benefit of the growth of their businesses”.
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany