Arts and Creative Industries from Mexico in the UK
Mexico in the United Kingdom
2015 will be The Year of Mexico in the UK and the Year of the UK in Mexico… An initiative introduced by both nations’ governments and institutions, which means to strengthen bonds among both parties and create an exchange platform. UK and Mexico have prepared a series of events that will showcase each other’s cultural, artistic, educational, and even business and entrepreneurial sides.
These events have been divided into 3 categories: Arts and Creative Industries; Education, Science and Innovation; and Trade, Investment and Tourism. Today we are sharing with you part of the current program for the upcoming and present events in the category of Arts and Creative Industries.
Such category is dedicated to showcase Mexican history, culture and the contemporary creative scene. It consists of a display of several artistic exhibits, including films and literary festivals, concerts, performing arts, and conferences. Two exhibits have already begun, but will run through 2015, as introduction for the events to come.
Chromosome Damage by Daniel Guzman at Drawing Room in London is a 30-drawing exhibition steeped in the context of Mexican and pre-Hispanic imagery. The work of Guzman is made in charcoal, ink and pastels, representing one woman going through mystic and troubling transformations. It will be presented until February 21st 2015.
A Victorian Obsession: The Perez Simon Collection at Leighton House Museum in London is presenting a number of rarely-seen and never-exhibited before masterpieces from the largest Victorian private art collection outside de UK. The exhibit will be displayed in the museum until March 29th 2015.
Mexico Market Focus 2015 by the London Book Fair will be carried out throughout the whole year and also during the 3-day event of the Fair, from April 14 to 16 in their new venue, Olympia, London. The Market Focus Cultural Programme is a way of creating commercial and cultural partnerships, showcasing the invited country and facilitating publishing trades, bringing publishers the opportunity to meet and do business with others.
Maya: The revelation of an endless time, a powerful and breathtaking exhibition of over 400 stunning objects from museums and Maya sites in Mexico. A revelation of the Maya world will be set in the World Museum in Liverpool from the 21st of May to the 4th of October 2015.
These are just some of the events planned for The Year of Mexico in the UK and the Year of the UK in Mexico… A showcase of both nations at each other’s countries, a union of culture, arts, education, trade and innovation.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California