Arts and Creative Industries from Mexico in the UK
Mexico in the United Kingdom
2015 will be The Year of Mexico in the UK and the Year of the UK in Mexico… An initiative introduced by both nations’ governments and institutions, which means to strengthen bonds among both parties and create an exchange platform. UK and Mexico have prepared a series of events that will showcase each other’s cultural, artistic, educational, and even business and entrepreneurial sides.
These events have been divided into 3 categories: Arts and Creative Industries; Education, Science and Innovation; and Trade, Investment and Tourism. Today we are sharing with you part of the current program for the upcoming and present events in the category of Arts and Creative Industries.
Such category is dedicated to showcase Mexican history, culture and the contemporary creative scene. It consists of a display of several artistic exhibits, including films and literary festivals, concerts, performing arts, and conferences. Two exhibits have already begun, but will run through 2015, as introduction for the events to come.
Chromosome Damage by Daniel Guzman at Drawing Room in London is a 30-drawing exhibition steeped in the context of Mexican and pre-Hispanic imagery. The work of Guzman is made in charcoal, ink and pastels, representing one woman going through mystic and troubling transformations. It will be presented until February 21st 2015.
A Victorian Obsession: The Perez Simon Collection at Leighton House Museum in London is presenting a number of rarely-seen and never-exhibited before masterpieces from the largest Victorian private art collection outside de UK. The exhibit will be displayed in the museum until March 29th 2015.
Mexico Market Focus 2015 by the London Book Fair will be carried out throughout the whole year and also during the 3-day event of the Fair, from April 14 to 16 in their new venue, Olympia, London. The Market Focus Cultural Programme is a way of creating commercial and cultural partnerships, showcasing the invited country and facilitating publishing trades, bringing publishers the opportunity to meet and do business with others.
Maya: The revelation of an endless time, a powerful and breathtaking exhibition of over 400 stunning objects from museums and Maya sites in Mexico. A revelation of the Maya world will be set in the World Museum in Liverpool from the 21st of May to the 4th of October 2015.
These are just some of the events planned for The Year of Mexico in the UK and the Year of the UK in Mexico… A showcase of both nations at each other’s countries, a union of culture, arts, education, trade and innovation.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation