Mexico and Germany offer scholarships for 2017By Fernanda Duque Hernández
The academic aspect of the Mexico-Germany Dual Year
With the opening of the Dual Year Mexico-Germany approaching, more and more details are revealed about the different activities taking place from April to March 2017, including partnerships and scholarships to be awarded for this celebration.
The News Agency of the National Council of Science and Technology (CONACYT) revealed that so far there have been confirmed four activities related to Science, Technology and Innovation. Three joint calls will be launched, 33 research projects will be carried out and more than 550 Mexican students will have the opportunity to apply for a postgraduate degree in Germany.
Arturo Borja Tamayo, director of International Cooperation of Conacyt said Mexico currently has nine active research projects and is expected to have, later this year, 24 projects related to the development of renewable energy, bio-economy and health.
To commemorate the beginning of this binational celebration, the call for joint projects between the Mexican institution and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) will be launched; also the basis for Short stays Mexico-Germany will be presented.
Also, "the Humboldt Foundation will award the Humboldt Research Award to a renowned Mexican scientist and Conacyt will award the Research Award José Antonio Alzate to a renowned German scientist, who has fostered scientific cooperation between Mexico and Germany", said Borja Tamayo.
In July, Berlin will host the Mexican Week of Science and Technology, in which Conacyt will display a sample of scientific research conducted in the country.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation