Mexico and Germany offer scholarships for 2017By Fernanda Duque Hernández
The academic aspect of the Mexico-Germany Dual Year
With the opening of the Dual Year Mexico-Germany approaching, more and more details are revealed about the different activities taking place from April to March 2017, including partnerships and scholarships to be awarded for this celebration.
The News Agency of the National Council of Science and Technology (CONACYT) revealed that so far there have been confirmed four activities related to Science, Technology and Innovation. Three joint calls will be launched, 33 research projects will be carried out and more than 550 Mexican students will have the opportunity to apply for a postgraduate degree in Germany.
Arturo Borja Tamayo, director of International Cooperation of Conacyt said Mexico currently has nine active research projects and is expected to have, later this year, 24 projects related to the development of renewable energy, bio-economy and health.
To commemorate the beginning of this binational celebration, the call for joint projects between the Mexican institution and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) will be launched; also the basis for Short stays Mexico-Germany will be presented.
Also, "the Humboldt Foundation will award the Humboldt Research Award to a renowned Mexican scientist and Conacyt will award the Research Award José Antonio Alzate to a renowned German scientist, who has fostered scientific cooperation between Mexico and Germany", said Borja Tamayo.
In July, Berlin will host the Mexican Week of Science and Technology, in which Conacyt will display a sample of scientific research conducted in the country.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California