Mexico in ITB
Mexico is the official hosting nation of the International Tourism Exchange of Berlin (ITB)
On March 4th the ITB was inaugurated, where Mexico the is official hosting nation of the entire event. The Minister of Tourism, Mrs. Claudia Ruiz Massieu, led the Mexican delegation, leaving a clear statement that Mexico is determined to astonish the world in the tourism trade.
Generally speaking, the Secretary of the World Tourism Organization, Mr. Taleb Rifai recognized that Mexico is doing a great job to reposition their tourism industry.
Created in 1966, the ITB captures every year, over 170 thousand representatives of the field in the world, over 11 thousand companies, of which 8,250 come from different parts of the globe. On this occasion, Germany –Berlin to be specific–, is hosting the event, and is doing so by presenting several artistic and cultural activities from Mexico in several towns and destinations within the nation, as well as introducing an intense promotional campaign of various tourist destinations in Mexico.
From the 4th to the 9th of March, Berlin will turn into the meeting point for representatives of the tourism field, from 180 countries, such as: tour operators, airlines, hotels, tourism offices, destinations, car rental companies among others.
For this edition of the ITB, Mexico was chosen to host the event, -this being its 45th participation-, and making a statement to the world that Mexico is of great importance for the world when it comes to tourism matters.
As host of the event, Mexico has –between other responsibilities– to be the co-organizer of the opening ceremony, besides being the official image of the event, along with creating the content for mailings, newsletters, posters and so forth, held inside and outside of the venue, flyers, catalogs, social media and official websites.
Inside the precinct, you’ll find the international marketing campaign Mexico, Live it to Believe, showcasing Yucatan, Mexico City, Los Cabos, Cancun – Riviera Maya and Vallarta –Nayarit. These destinations are also promoted in more than 700 points of Berlin, Frankfurt and Munich.
During the opening ceremony they had the exclusive presentation of the “el Vochol”, a Volkswagen beetle entirely decorated with Huichol techniques, where they used chaquiras (small glass beads) of many colors covering the car completely. This piece of art was made by artisan hands original from Nayarit. This piece was first displayed at Mexico’s Museum of Popular Art and it represents the combination between Germany and Mexico. Four Mexican cultural stations were installed (Tlaxcala, Riviera Nayarit, Estado de Mexico and Oaxaca).
- Trump backs down and signs executive order to 'keep families together'
- Despite uncertainty about the election, Mexico continues to attract investments
- On Saturday, repaving works start in Cancun’s hotel zone
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany