Mexico… A Land of Dinosaurs
Jurassic Park in Mexico!
Throughout the national territory, traits of a wild past can be identified just by following the almost untraceable footsteps of enormous creatures… Dinosaurs.
Since the first discovery in 1926, Mexico has given evidences to paleontologists on the creatures that once ruled this earth. The states that have contributed the most to these investigations are Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua and Coahuila.
A large amount of fossils mostly of hadrosaurids, ceratopsids, tyrannosaurids and ornithomimids, have been found in these previously mentioned states.
Finding these remains has been quite an easy task, for example dinosaur footprints found in Chihuahua were right there, seen by many people who even walked around them until the expert eye of a paleontologist identified them as a trace of this ancient habitant.
Due to the large discoveries, the same state has decided to follow the trail of paleontological investigation, encouraging people to learn about these findings and be part of this pre-Historic legacy.
Northern Mexico was home to these ginormous creatures, but the southern region might have been the place where their extinction was originated. Chicxulub is a town in Yucatan in which 66 million years ago, a meteorite probably collided and caused the demise of dinosaurs; a crater of 177 km in diameter has been studied in several occasions to prove this theory.
Researchers from Dutch universities recently published that they found sediments in the Brazos River, Texas, proving that the Earth cooled down very quickly due to the impact of a meteorite. This sudden change in temperature caused a “shock winter” of which the dinosaurs and most of the living creatures could not survive.
These findings, investigations and curiosity on the pre-Historic time in Mexico continues and paleontologists hope to find more clues that link the collision of Chicxulub to the disappearance of dinosaurs.
- Spain and Mexico’s Trade Relations Curdle over Manchego Dispute
- Cape Town Water crisis: 'Day Zero' Draws Near
- MORGAN STANLEY: Here are the 6 internet stocks to bet on in 2018
- Ford announces $11B investment, 40 electrified vehicles by 2022 at Detroit Motor Show
- Automobile Revenues will fall 40% due to Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
- Mexico debuts its best startups for 2018 at CES
- Inside the Secret Society Running the World of Cryptocurrency
- Opinion: Who Will Profit Off the Next Crash?
- This is how Jeff Bezos will support the 'dreamers'
- Oil Reaches $70 a Barrel for First Time in Three Years
- Peso predicted to make comeback in 2018: Bloomberg
- Chihuahua´s governor denounces Government reprisals for PRI corruption investigation