Mexico is leading the Central American and Caribbean Games 2014
Veracruz is the hostof the Central American and Caribbean Games 2014
As of today, 5,700 athletes from 31 countries are competing during the 22nd edition of the Central American and Caribbean Games 2014. For many of these competitors, this is the first stop before the Rio Olympic Games 2016!
Veracruz, Mexico, was selected as hosting country for the games, which include 36 sports. 12 from these will qualify for the Pan American Games, Toronto 2015.
This is the third time Mexico organized the Central American and Caribbean Games, but this year’s edition has definitely been the most commemorative. Mexico has competitively outstood above all, in performance, endurance, stamina, resistance and strength!
Before the competition started, the Mexican Olympic Committee (COM) and The National Commission of Physical Culture and Sports (CONADE) estimated excellent numbers for Mexico, being in the position for winning a total of 364 medals (133 gold, 107 silver and 124 bronze). In only seven days, 713 Mexican athletes have triumphantly acquired 152 medals, beating Cuba for the first time (The hardest competitor for this sporting event).
As of today, Mexico has won 152 medals: 57 gold, 42 silver and 53 bronze and surely, the victories will increase.
Swimmer Nuria Diosdado is the number one winner for the multi-medalist listing, taking home a total of six gold medals!
Experts have said that the participation of Mexican athletes has been amazing and definitely outstood from the rest! This has caused the nation to climb in competitiveness and have a higher possibility of triumphing at the Pan American and Olympic Games.
- “Sudan” the world’s last male white rhino dies in Africa
- Facebook tracks a scary number of details about you
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid uproar over Facebook data leak
- “Yucatan’s good public safety is attracting foreign direct investment”
- By 2021, at least 40% of Latin America's GDP will be digitized: IDC
- China’s ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing is planning to hit Uber where it hurts
- Migrations will increase by 2050 due to climate change: Central Bank
- Warrant Sought to Inspect Cambridge Analytica
- Why Pompeo will be key to Trump’s policy towards North Korea and Iran
- United Kingdom expels 23 Russian diplomats in the wake of former spy poisoning
- Apple and Disney Place First and Second with Millennials in 2018 Brand Affinity Study
- Trump Inspects Border Wall Prototypes in California