Company will build 14 megamalls in MexicoBy Valeria Bigurra Peñavera
These shopping centers will fall into a new category of entertainment
The developer and marketer of real estate projects in Mexico, GICSA, announced the launch of a new category of shopping centers called "Mallentertainment" which will be operated under the Explanada brand, and will have an investment of 6 billion and 7 billion pesos during the first 5 of 14 projects waiting to be inaugurated over the next 5 years.
Currently the company is already developing five Esplanades, of which the first is located in Puebla, and will be opened in September 2017, just as the constructions in Leon, Queretaro, Pachuca and Cancun will begin in the coming weeks.
It is estimated that for every project about 1,500 temporary jobs and 700 to 1,000 permanent will be generated, and the nine shopping centers that subsequently undertake will be located in San Luis Potosi, Torreon and Aguascalientes, among other states.
At a press conference, Abraham Cababie, CEO of the company said that these "are projects that will open one after another, two to four months."
The interesting thing about these malls is the offer they are providing because they will have fairs, bowling, hot air balloon, and an entertainment center for more than 5,000 people, cinemas, restaurants and bars, among many other things.
They will also have several stores that will provide items for different markets, as well as hotel, medical center, services and supermarket, plus it "will feature inclusive spaces that include areas for local artists and for the community in general to have a platform for expose and market their products. And also will have shared work spaces known as CoWorking ".
Finally, the executive explained that such projects will have commercial alliances with more than 450 signatures, and the already have agreements with banks for the financing.
- Mexican entrepreneurship project receives award in France
- Mexico's foreign minister and business leaders express outrage over ‘inhumane’ US immigration policy
- The Dow Jones industrial average turned negative as global trade war fears mount
- Canada legalizes recreational cannabis use
- EU to retaliate against US with counter-tariffs on Friday
- Mexican national team football shirt is best seller in the United States
- Scorpion catching is a dangerous trade that allows Durango’s locals to survive.
- Rafael Márquez , is only the third player in history to achieve the feat of playing in 5 world cups
- It’s not just in football that Mexico is superior to Germany
- First ladies speak out on Trump separation policy
- Women sustain half of Mexico’s economy but earn crippling wages
- Dunkin' Donuts to reach 100 stores in Mexico thanks to millennials